Develops, implements, administers compensation and incentive policy, procedures, practices, and programs. Conducts surveys and studies labor markets to determine compensation trends; analyzes jobs and reviews job descriptions and specifications; applies job evaluation techniques to establish equitable compensation rates within the organization as compared with rates in industry; analyzes government regulations, company policies, and agreements with labor unions to establish standard rates; reviews classification and compensation changes and makes recommendations with respect to tasks to be performed, qualifications of employee, and company policy and budgetary limitations; provides guidance and makes recommendations to line managers and generalists on all compensation issues; and interprets local, state, and federal laws regulating compensation practices. May be responsible for executive compensation, HRIS functions, incentive plans and stock option administration. Communicates or oversees communication of compensation philosophy, plans, and incentives programs to all employees.
Location Considerations: Valley Forge, PA - Chantilly, VA - Laurel, MD - Los Angeles, CA
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide analytical and consultative support in the design, development, implementation and administration of the SI’s Compensation strategies, policies and programs (including programs such as base pay, incentive compensation, recognition programs, etc.) This role is recognized as a technical expert in compensation and responsible for leading the execution of compensation strategies and programs for the SI across business areas.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education.
Minimum 2 years of experience supporting compensation design, annual compensation initiatives, and benchmarking/market analysis models.
Excellent computer skills, e.g. MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
• Experienced practitioner in the development, administration, and evaluation of compensation programs, exhibiting knowledge of compensation principles and practices. Recognized as a technical expert in compensation practices and programs.
• Strong analytical capabilities with the ability to independently use data and analysis to convey findings and recommendations to all levels within the organization. Ability to follow strategic direction and develop the critical path on how to complete assignments/initiatives.
• Ability to take vague concepts and translate into a specific course of action. Manages ideas and makes decisions through critical thinking and problem solving capabilities. Demonstrates learning agility in working with new, complex business problems and to provide innovative, value added solutions. Develops original work in response to business needs.
• Demonstrated experience with compensation systems and optimized utilization of system tools for the purpose of year end performance initiatives and for survey data storage, benchmarking modeling/analysis, reporting and market pricing.
• Strong organization/project management skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments/projects, timelines and to identify project interdependencies, resource needs, potential risks/pitfalls and mitigation plans. Recognized as an integrator and solution provider.
• Demonstrated success for early/on-time completion of assignments/projects with the outcome resulting in the delivery and execution of a quality product/analysis.
• Flexible, innovative with the ability to excel in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment. Ability to scale and quickly adapt as business needs change. Able to maintain productivity during times of change and potentially difficult business challenges.
• Demonstrated commitment to operational excellence in the execution Compensation initiatives projects and processes.
• Strong business perspective, solid understanding of company financials, long range strategies, and core organizational capabilities.
• Ability to think and act strategically and to provide recommendations that add client/organizational value.
• Ability to lead, partner and influence effectively among all levels of the organization. Strong relationship manager with the ability to liaise across team members and stakeholders.
• Possess outstanding teamwork capabilities and when needed, scales in support of unforeseen assignments and tasks through demonstration of personal initiative. Demonstrates a high level of responsiveness.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated experience in preparing and delivering presentations that convey key concepts and outline recommendations to various levels of management.
• Ability to execute assignments or projects with excellence, minimal supervision or rework and resulting in early/on-time delivery.
• Excellent computer skills, e.g. MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
• Minimum 2 years of experience supporting compensation design, annual compensation initiatives, and benchmarking/market analysis models.
• 2-7 year’s human resources experience preferred.
• M&A experience preferred.
• Possession of or ability to obtain a TS/SCI level security clearance preferred
The SI Organization is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/V/D.
The SI Organization, Inc. - 17 months ago