Goodwin Procter LLP, located in downtown Boston, is hiring a Senior Level Compensation Manager to take on a highly visible and impactful role collaborating with the Human Resources organization and the firm’s senior management team. You will be supporting and advocating for all aspects of the compensation function and have direct input into future compensation structures for professional staff as well as influencing firm wide compensation philosophies.
You will focus on:
- Researching and identifying relevant market compensation data and developing compensation metrics and strategies with respect to all of the Firm's employees (attorneys, paralegals, secretaries and professional staff) as well as the Firm's Income, Contract and Equity Partners.
- Playing a lead role in managing the Firm’s professional staff and paralegal review processes, including establishing review and compensation process calendars, benchmarking positions and establishing salary ranges.
- Working closely with the HR and Legal Recruiting teams to review job descriptions, determine appropriate classifications, and total compensation packages for new and existing positions.
- Working with HR and Legal Professional Development &Training departments to establish more efficient processes to support the firm’s various review and compensation processes.
- Mentoring and managing the Compensation Analyst.
For more information contact Karen Heitzman, Talent & Recruitment Manager at 617-305-6854.
- Experience as a senior compensation leader
- Five or more years of relevant compensation experience working either in a law firm or a professional services organization.
- The ability to influence and demonstrated leadership skills
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience managing large scale projects
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate and collaborate with all levels of the organization and peers to reach common goals
- Thorough understanding of Excel (v-lookup, pivot tables, formulas etc.) and compensation software.
- Bachelor’s Degree; CCP preferred but not necessary
Goodwin Procter LLP - 15 months ago
One of the largest law firms in Beantown, Goodwin Procter has branched beyond its Boston roots to establish offices on the East and West...