Florida Virtual School is changing the face of education.
Our student-centric approach means that every member of our team—no matter the position or job responsibilities—has the opportunity to positively impact the education of students in our program.
Every job here has a greater purpose and influence than those in traditional organizations.
We are proud of our team and to continue our mission in delivering high quality, technology-based education that provides the skills and knowledge students need for success in the 21
century, we look to hire only the best.
Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Florida Virtual School (FLVS) is the leader in developing and providing virtual K-12 education solutions throughout the United States and the world.
FLVS offers more than 100 courses, including core subjects, world languages, electives, honors and Advanced Placement courses.
Enrollment is open to public, private, and home school students.
FLVS has over 1,300 staff members and serves over 90,000 active students.
Florida Virtual School’s total rewards package offers much more than just a pay check!
Exposure to cutting-edge technology development/application, world class business development initiatives and career advancement opportunities only add to our comprehensive benefits package that includes employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, short and long term disability, educational assistance and paid time off.
Additionally, Florida Virtual School is a member of the Florida Retirement System offering pension/investment retirement plans.
These benefits often add a value of several thousands of dollars to the total compensation package!
To view a detailed job description, please
For consideration for this position, candidates must meet all of the job requirements as listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management with emphasis on compensation, employee benefits or related areas; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Three years of progressively responsible human resources experience related to the area of compensation, preferably in the public sector
(These essential functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required.)
- Assist in the development and implementation of compensation goals, objectives, policies and procedures; analyze and recommend strategies to improve effectiveness of compensation administration
- Serve as a liaison between external compensation consultants and the organization
- Research and stay abreast of all applicable state and federal laws and regulations as related to compensation
- Update and maintain current salary schedules, conduct market analysis of pay grades and ranges in conjunction with external compensation consultants
- Create and maintain salary supplement procedures; ensure compliance with salary supplement processes; provide guidance on FLVS polices regarding use of salary supplements
- Counsel management on compensation practices and proper use of the established pay ranges for rewards
- Process all personnel action forms requiring only compensation changes or updates for payroll and HR
- Manage job description creation process and procedures
- Process educational assistance requests, annual leave encashment requests, advanced degree requests, disability claims, life claims, and other forms of compensation through employee benefit programs
- Research, implement and utilize necessary computer software applications to support and conduct activities in the area of compensation analysis
- Plan, develop, coordinate and present training sessions related to employee compensation
- Represent the Human Resource department in interdepartmental and outside meetings; serve on committees as assigned
- Recommend revisions to human resources policies, procedures, and forms; assist in the development of standard operating procedures for the position
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrating respect for others
- All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established as part of the annual performance planning process or as the result of organizational planning
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to: