(NASDAQ: MASI) headquartered in Irvine, California, is a fast-growing and award-winning international medical technology and device company with operations spanning the globe. We develop innovative, noninvasive monitoring technologies that save, extend and improve the lives of people of all ages, in all walks of life. These revolutionary technologies are helping to solve "unsolvable" problems that have plagued the healthcare industry, while taking the pain and discomfort out of blood monitoring. For more than 20 years, innovation has been and will continue to be our passion.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.masimo.com
The Manager of Compensation and Benefits is responsible for providing leadership and technical expertise in the design and administration of employee compensation and benefit programs (e.g. health, welfare and 401k). The incumbent provides accurate, complete, and timely submission of required progress reports, forecasts, quotations, budgets, and rates. The incumbent also manages benefit program administration through the work of direct/indirect staff. Additionally, this role supports the identification and implementation of process improvements for compensation and benefit programs and processes.
This job reports to: Vice President, Human Resources. Reporting directly (or indirectly) to this position are the following job titles: Payroll Supervisor, Payroll Administrator, Benefits Administrator, Benefits Analyst, Human Resources Administrator.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the design, development and implementation of Masimo’s Total Rewards philosophy inclusive of affordable health care, competitive compensation;
- Manages the operation (administration, implementation, monitoring) of various employee benefit programs; analyzes and evaluates policies, procedures, practices;
- Manage all types of Leaves of Absences; including Federal, State, Personal and Worker’s Compensation.
- Interprets governmental laws regulating employee benefit practices;
- Provide oversight and direct management of payroll;
- Partner with HR business partners to develop and execute Compensation and Benefit initiatives and processes in conjunction with overall Human Resource objectives;
- Analyze trends in the business, economy and employment marketplace to identify issues and opportunities to enhance compensation and benefit strategies. Continual benchmarking on best in class within industry;
- Develop, implement and manage the annual compensation review process with a focus on building a high performance culture;
- Develop job title architecture and pay structure classification system for all job families across the organization, including domestic and international;
- Oversees and confirms the preparation of filing of required reports and/or payments to government agencies, insurance carriers, other organizations and individual employees;
- Develops and implements solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity;
- Direct, plan, delegate and manage department budget and staff including:
- Hire, promote, demote, reclassify or terminate employees
- Write and conduct performance appraisals and disciplinary actions plans
- Make salary decisions (pay increases or new hire offers)
- Create training and employee development plans
- Handle all departmental employee relations issues
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned;
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
Six (6) to eight (8) years of compensation and benefit administration and program management in high-volume, multi-state employment;
Leadership and management of Payroll; Experience with ADP required and other payroll and HRIS systems preferred;
Thorough knowledge of ERISA laws and regulatory compliance (COBRA, Heath Reform);
Practical/Working knowledge of design and implementation of fully and self-insured benefit programs;
Knowledge in automation to a paperless and self-service employee and benefits environment. Identify opportunities and lead implementation efforts to reduce costs and increase efficiency;
Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-pace environment;
Ability to exercise individual judgment in researching problems and resolving employee issues with a sense of urgency to meet strict deadlines;
Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills;
Exceptional organizational and communication skills;
Proficient in MS Office Applications (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Strong knowledge of HRIS systems and tools to include selection, implementation and integration;
Bachelor’s degree in related field is required. Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation is preferred.
Physical requirements/Work Environment
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer and other computing and digital devices is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some local travel is necessary, so the ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license is required.
The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
We are proud to offer if eligible a highly competitive compensation plan with an excellent benefits package including 3 weeks’ vacation, stock options, 401k match, medical, dental, vision plans and much more!
Masimo is proud to be an EOE, M/F/D/V, and we value and are committed to Diversity at every level.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE*** Thank you!
As important as the blood running through your veins is the oxygen it carries. Masimo knows that and makes tools that monitor arterial...