The Manager of Compensation and Benefits contributes to TOMS success by leading the design, implementation and administration of Compensation and Benefit programs, processes and technology to meet the growing needs of TOMS. In partnership with the HR business partners, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the delivery of Compensation and Benefit services and programs to increase internal awareness, participation and engagement. The ideal candidate will also develop and deploy other best in class programs to ensure TOMS Compensation and Benefits offering are competitive, relevant and attractive to a global workforce.
This position reports directly to the Director of Human Resources and is based in Los Angeles at TOMS headquarters. This role requires a collaborative HR professional to evaluate specific Compensation and Benefits needs, develop well thought out and quantitative recommendations, and to present integrated and sustainable solutions that drive systemic and equitable improvements across the organization. A successful person in this role will influence leaders’ thinking by using strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to navigate and deliver amidst changing priorities and ambiguous circumstances.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
SUMMARY OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Lead the design, development and implementation of TOMS Total Rewards philosophy inclusive of affordable health care, competitive compensation and opportunities to build towards a secure retirement.
- Develop, implement and manage a comprehensive compensation structure across all functions and levels within the organization, inclusive of base pay, variable pay programs, retail hourly incentives, sales incentives and executive compensation.
- Develop, implement and manage the annual compensation review process with a focus on building a high performance culture.
- Develop job title architecture and pay structure classification system for all job families across the organization, including domestic and international; and a sustainable system for periodic market-based job evaluations.
- Plan and administer fully-insured health insurance plans, group life insurance programs and retirement programs including 401(k), and voluntary benefits.
- Manage and administer benefit related policies and programs including the administration of leave of absences and worker’s compensation programs.
- Provide oversight and direct management of payroll.
- Develop and monitor short- and long-range Compensation and Benefit plans and ensure budgets are aligned with business growth targets.
- Partner with HR business partners to develop and execute Compensation and Benefit initiatives and processes in conjunction with overall Human Resource objectives.
- Analyze trends in the business, economy and employment marketplace to identify issues and opportunities to enhance Compensation and Benefit strategies. Continual benchmarking on best in class with industry.
- Progressive Human Resources experience with emphasis on Compensation & Benefits, 12 years
- Consulting with executive leadership, 8 years
- Leadership and management of Payroll; Experience with ADP preferred, 5 years
- Budgeting and workforce planning company-wide, 8 years
- CCP, CBP or CEBA Certification(s) preferred
- Must be PC proficient with strong understanding and mastery of Microsoft Excel
- Work independently; analyze complex human resources data and metrics, detail oriented and able to multi task
- A four year degree with major in business, accounting, mathematics, human resources management or related field is required. Advanced degree preferred.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain nor be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
TOMS is an equal opportunity employer
TOMS Shoes - 22 months ago