The purpose of this task is to provide analytical and technical support services
from undergraduate students at educational institutions in support of both lifecycle
logistics/Program Management support for Competency 6.2 scientific research and
development Naval Systems Engineering Resource Center (NSERC) project at the Space
and Naval Warfare Systems Center, Pacific and associated commands/PEOs. As such the
scope of this task order applies to development and maintenance support of NSERC, and
the application interfaces and underlying business processes, across multiple program
The contractor shall assist the work sponsor in:
- Execution of a variety of "Programmatic Support" activities. These activities will include: (a) Designing, developing, testing or reviewing and analyzing large scale database structures, and data correlation and conversion techniques. (b) Establish and maintain a comprehensive Work Breakdown Structure, reporting labor and cost accruals against specific paragraphs of the WBS. (c) Establish and maintain a system of continuous process (data analysis and data reduction) and quality improvement. (d)Support a variety of project meetings and data collection/analysis/reporting activities.
- NSERC Program Management. (a) Designing, developing, testing and documenting computer modeling and/or architecture within Naval Systems Engineering ResourceCenter (NSERC). (b) Document design decisions for the NSERC integration & migration strategy.
- NSERC Lifecycle Design Interface: (a) Coordinate and work cooperatively with both the Government and other contractors to insure a seamless flow of information and task integrating software applications. (b) Ensure appropriate data synchronization across interfacing applications/databases.
- NSERC Business Applications: (a) Provide technical support for Team SPAWAR and SSC Pacific business applications including maintenance, security sustainment and user support. (b) Provide technical support to network technicians to consolidate the number of required servers in an effort to reduce the total cost of hosting Business Applications.
- NSERC TechniCal Documentation: (a) Develop, maintain, revise and edit technical and non-technical documents to be published in both paper and digital formats. (b)Support all aspects of integrating and developing technical documentation to include assisting in identifying requirements, production, distribution, and disposal. (c) Document requirements, write and/or review specifications, support portfolio management and IT-architecture-related activities.
- Monthly Status Reports and Bi-Weekly Time Reports shall be in accordance with basic contract CDRL.
Due to the regulations established by the Department of Defense, only US Citizens may qualify.
Undergraduate Level 3 : Must be current student enrolled at the Senior level majoring in Computer Science.
Required Course Work :
Preferred Qualifications :
- Data Structures
- Software Engineering
- Database Theory and Implementation
- Database Techniques
- Arrays, linked lists, stacks, queues, and recursion; binary search trees and balanced trees; hash tables, dynamic storage management; introduction to graphs.
- Analysis, design, and implementation of programs.
- Database systems architecture; Storage structures and access techniques; Relational model, normalization of relations, hierarchical and network models.
- Fundamental data models for handling scientific data, including flat file, indexed compressed files, relational databases, and object oriented databases, and their associated query technologies.
- GPA of 3.3 or higher.
SDSU Research Foundation - 30+ days ago