POSITION TITLE: Competitive Market Research Analyst
REPORTS TO: Manager, Market Development
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Competitive Market Research Analyst c ollects and analyzes data to evaluate existing and potential products, services, markets and marketing campaigns found in the marketplace. Identifies and monitors competitors and researches market conditions or changes in the industry that may affect sales. Makes recommendations on where to focus sales and marketing efforts based changes in market conditions. Also supports the market development function with developing and vetting new business opportunities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following. Others duties may be assigned.
- Support market development team in exploring and evaluating the validity of new business development opportunities by building business cases, gathering requirements, and aiding in the design of pilot projects
- Research, analysis, dissemination and archiving of competitive market news and industry migration statistics.
- Review and analysis of competitive earnings and earnings remarks
- Competitor’s SWOT analysis and articulation of their strategic approach.
- Creation of competitor profiles when existing profiles provided by outside consultants are not sufficient.
- Develop and maintain mechanism for continuous updates to track competitors’ activities in terms of market entries (licensing and market launch), marketing campaigns, major deal wins, development of new products and services, etc.
- Create, consolidate and maintain all relevant market and competitive data of deregulated energy markets.
- Monitor changes in the marketplace and help marketing team identify opportunities and threats.
- Support the assessment and outlook of future Liberty Power performance taking into account changing market dynamics.
- Other ad-hoc research as required
- Critical thinking skills including analysis and synthesis of data to draw conclusions
- Proven ability to organize information and documents
- Strong ability to problem solve and gather required information in an organizational structure
Four (4) year college degree required in Business or Marketing related field, with minimum two (2) years related work experience, energy industry experience is preferred.
- Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint. MS Project is a plus
- Accurately type at minimum 45wpm
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their manager.
Liberty Power - 20 months ago
Liberty Power believes in the power of freedom of choice. The independent electricity provider serves residential users, businesses, and...