Job Title: Competitive Pricing Research Analyst
Job ID: 05134
Division : Personal Lines
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Ideal candidates will have prior pricing background, strong math skills and SAS experience.
The Competitive Pricing Research Analyst prepares property, casualty, and commercial lines competitive pricing information. The analyst will also update our competitive pricing system when our competitors make rate changes. In addition, the analyst will submit rate and form filings with all of the insurance departments within our operating states, and serve as the liaison to the insurance departments regarding filings. All competitive information that is prepared and all rate and form filing submissions must be accurate, timely and complete.
- Competitive Pricing Analysis (70%)
- Develops detailed competitive pricing information for property, casualty, and commercial lines products using our competitive pricing system and spreadsheet workbooks.
- Monitors all rating changes that are made by American Family and our competitors. Reports these changes to the Senior Analyst so the design of our competitive pricing systems can be changed.
- Updates the competitive pricing systems when our competitors have made changes to their rating factors, at the direction of the Senior Analyst.
- Creates standard competitive pricing reports for personal lines, commercial lines and actuarial, utilizing data generated from the competitive pricing systems.
- Form & Rate Filings (20%)
- Prepares all state-required forms for rate and form filings according to individual state requirements.
- Submits the rate and form filings to state insurance departments for actuarial, personal lines and commercial lines.
- Serves as the liaison between state insurance departments and American Family.
- Maintains relationships with the state insurance departments.
- Other (10%)
- Assists the Actuarial Division with on-going technological needs.
- Serves as a resource to all Actuarial Departments to assist with special projects and requests.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Analytical Thinking
- Concern for Quality
- Planning & Organizing
- Quantitative Analysis
- Self Development
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and to grasp new material quickly.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Accepts responsibility and responds with accurate information on a timely basis.
- Adaptable to working on many different tasks or projects under time constraints.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the insurance industry, including specific knowledge of property, casualty and commercial lines products.
- Knowledge and proven application of various PC software products (e.g., Excel spreadsheets and graphs, Adobe Acrobat, Internet Explorer).
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 5 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...