Talisman Energy Inc., headquartered in Canada, is a global, diversified, upstream oil and gas company with three main operating areas: North America, the North Sea, and Southeast Asia. As a subsidiary, Talisman Energy USA Inc has oil and gas operations strategically located throughout New York, Pennsylvania, and Texas. Talisman and its subsidiaries are committed to the health, safety, and security of its employees, contractors, and communities; and works to ensure its operations are carried out safely, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. Talisman Energy Inc. is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (North America) and its Company shares trade on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges as TLM. Visit Talisman Energy USA Inc. on the Internet at www.talismanusa.com and Talisman Energy Inc. at www.talisman-energy.com .
Title: Completions Team Lead
Req ID: 14161
Location: The Woodlands, United States
Employment Type: Permanent
Closing Date: March 31, 2013
Based in Houston, the successful candidate will be the Team Lead in a very dynamic and fast paced development project in South Texas. This project is one of the highest profile projects in the Talisman portfolio. The individual is expected to demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills. This individual will be expected to ensure the wells are delivered with a consistent high level of performance in relation to HS&E, cycle time, optimized cost and operational efficiency. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in managing & delivering all elements of well execution projects including pre-planning, planning, mobilization and execution phases. It is essential that this candidate has exposure to Shale asset developments.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager, CD&C Engineering and Execution in the Houston, TX office located in The Woodlands.
The responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Staff planning and development; will be a key focus area
- Provide technical and developmental leadership to a dynamic and expanding completions engineering team
- Maintain a focus on technical integrity and top quartile performance in the HS&E category
- Provide operational support on all programs, processes and technical innovation to the Eagle Ford asset team
- Accountability for driving cost efficiencies, tracking and reporting on cost and operations performance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on timely delivery, cost consciousness, execution and interactive work style.
- This position is based in the Woodlands office in the Houston area with occasional travel to the field in South Texas
- Provide mentorship to developing professionals
- Supervise and approve the development of Well Completions procedures and fracture stimulation procedures
- Accountability for ensuring regulatory compliance and supporting Talisman policies and values.
- Accountable for tracking all aspects of completion costs
Education, Experience, Technical Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Engineering is preferred with 12-15 yrs experience within completions engineering
- Familiarity with unconventional completions and fracturing operations
- Strong technical understanding around planning and execution of various different hydraulic fracturing techniques
- Skilled at working in a highly collaborative manner with Superintendents and Completion Foremen
- An efficient and precise communicator as the position requires interaction with team members, well site supervisors, service companies and regulatory bodies
- Business acumen with a solid understanding of costs and economic decision making
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead and motivate others with a desire to continuously learn and improve in Talisman's dynamic environment.
- Desire to work in both the corporate and field environments
- Value the benefits to be gained by regular exchange of ideas and information towards a common objective.
- Ability to work in a multi disciplinary team environment
- Strong communication, team work, and problem solving skills
- Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in the US will be considered.
- Relocation will be provided for the successful candidates if required.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.