- Reports directly to the National Technical Excellence Director
- Manage the people and projects in the group
- Support the Regional Managers, Area Managers and Project Managers in the delivery of projects
- Hold and manage the specialized resources within the Complex Bridges group and function as a technical resource for projects within and outside the U.S.
- Foster work sharing and professional development in the group
- Act as the principal point of contact for national bridge engineering issues
- Manage the Americas Complex bridges Group (includes Segmental Concrete, Long Span and Movable Bridges and others), monitor its activities and take corrective actions, as necessary.
- Develop annual budgets based on hard and soft sales as well as personnel.
- Develop industry events sponsorship budgets as well as overhead budget on an annual basis.
- Conduct coordination conference calls with Americas Complex Bridge TEC and Regional Bridge TECs senior staff every period.
- Prepare monthly Structures Activities Report including the activities of the Regional Bridge TECs. Prepare monthly report summarizing the activities of the group and submit to National TEC Director.
- Assist in work sharing efforts on a national basis
- Perform a skills gap analysis to determine specific new hires or training needs
- Manage the succession plan of the key bridge structural engineering staff in the Americas Complex Bridges TEC
- Manage Projects, as necessary and also act as Principal in charge on projects
- Participate in project proposals in various types of project deliveries
- Act as an information resource to the Regional Managers and Project Managers regarding bridge structural engineering staff availability and expertise
- Work with the Market Leaders, Regional and Area Office Managers to develop strategies and tactical action plans and to deliver business development and client relations objectives
- Work with Market Leaders to identify trends and opportunities for business and resource growth
- Conduct periodic meetings with Clients such as State Bridge Engineers to determine on coming projects, develop client relationship gathering of information for upcoming projects and PB performance on ongoing projects..
- Assist International operating units on pursuits, providing expert technical assistance as well as resource requirements
- Attend National & International Conferences
- Participate in national & International technical committees.
- Publish technical papers and present them at technical conferences.
Technical & Others
- Anticipate industry trends and position PB to be at the forefront of technology through innovation and state-of-the art technology implementation
- Continue improvement of QA/QC procedures for use by all structures TECs.
- Conduct QC for projects prepared within the Americas Complex Bridges TEC.
- Conduct QA for Projects prepared in the Transport Structures TECs
- Mentor bridge engineering staff to achieve professional recognition and project management certification
- Continue to develop and maintain the skills matrix of all staff with bridge structural engineering expertise
- Coordinate and manage the specialized software evaluation, procurement, and usage on a national basis for consistency, economy and work sharing benefits
- Continue to populate the marketing section with projects from around the country
- Manage the already established Structures Web portal, improve the portal and expand its contents in information and marketing areas
- Manage the career development training and technical training for PM’s, technical, and emerging professionals including bridge inspection training
- Collaborate with PB's Bridge “Community of Practice" to enrich knowledge sharing throughout PB
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, advanced degree preferred; Professional Registration in Civil and or Structural is necessary.
- Demonstrated leadership in technical matters
- Ability to manage a highly talented and experienced group of personnel in the area of Complex Bridges such as, Segmental Concrete, Cable Stayed, suspension, arches, movable and others
- Provide leadership to all bridge personnel in the U.S through the Regional Bridge TEC’s
- Good understanding of current and emerging technical trends that affect our business
- Be flexible to evaluate, accept and adopt new technologies
The job location for this US position is flexible and it can be based in a variety of large, major US Cities.
Balfour Beatty - 19 months ago
Talented? Check. In demand? Check. Handsome? You decide. Check out this Beatty -- Balfour Beatty. The company provides infrastructure and...