GE offers a great work environment and challenging careers. GE is an
Equal Opportunity Employer
for all, including minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled.
As a member of the Complex Systems Engineering Laboratory at GE Global Research, you will make key contributions in developing and validating innovative systems solutions to complex engineering problems arising in manufacturing, supply chains, and medical diagnostics for a variety of GE businesses including GE Aviation, GE Healthcare, GE Power & Water, and GE Oil & Gas.
You will work with cross-disciplinary businesses and R&D teams to design and develop novel manufacturing and healthcare systems that will enable the deployment and support of services and solutions all the way from product ideation to realization.
You will enable GE to create value for its customers through a systems engineering approach by:
- interfacing with business stakeholders to determine the needs for current and future products and address operational challenges
- designing and implementing end-to-end systems for delivering asset and business process optimization
- developing algorithms for data analysis, including cognitive reasoning, decision making, data mining, pattern recognition, and predictive modeling
- creating system models for operation simulation and scenario testing
- Doctorate in computer science or related engineering discipline with emphasis on algorithm design, artificial intelligence, mathematical modeling, and systems theory
- Programming skills in at least one of the following languages: C/C++, Java, R, Matlab, or Python
- Strong publication record
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This position is eligible for The Employee Referral Program.
- Strong inter-disciplinary technical background
- Postdoctoral or industrial research experience
- Demonstrated impact on real-world problems in multiple application domains
- Experience and interest in shaping and writing grant proposals
- Experience and interest in working with cyber-physical systems
- High self-motivation, desire to learn new skills, creativity, flexibility, and the ability to work well in teams
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 5 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...