Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
Description of position
The I.S. Compliance and Risk Analyst will guide and promote all aspects of the analysis, communication, implementation and risk mitigation of internal controls relative to the mandates and regulatory requirements to which Costco is subject, domestically and internationally. They will work with other business and legal departments to define and set new corporate guidance in response to emerging standards and legislations. This individual will be required to ‘do what it takes’ to anticipate regulatory impacts, promote company awareness, meet compliance deadlines, propose solutions to deficiencies, reach out in support of the business/operations, and communicate effectively at all levels.
This includes: 1) directing communication of policies, procedures and testing to maintain adherence to applicable standards and reg ulations; 2) providing direction and guidance to I.S. and associated business areas for the resolution of identified weaknesses or deficiencies; 3) engaging in compliance activities and establishing/meeting deadlines to ensure that due diligence in adherence to rules and regulations can always be substantiated; and, 4) coordinating these efforts across regional and international Costco operations.
Tasks and responsibilities
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Maintain a strong understanding of current and upcoming regulatory requirements and their impact on compliance.
- Assist in establishing and following methodologies designed to identify general system and business controls, and identify and prioritize risks.
- Develop, manage, and execute plans to communicate and remediate all known material weaknesses or significant deficiencies, and minimize any deficiencies noted by either internal or external auditors.
- Work closely with I.S. Management, Accounting, Legal and internal/external auditors to ensure successful follow through and completion of compliance and mitigation activities.
- Drive assigned tasks leveraging I.S. expertise or outside resources where needed.
- Coordination between external auditors and staff being audited.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- 3+ years experience in computer security, technology regulatory compliance, or technology risk management.
- Previous experience involving PCI Compliance.
- Professional accreditation in I.S. audit, security, privacy or other related technology disciplines (CISA, CISSP, CIPP).
- Previous experience with identification and management of technology risks.
- Strong work ethic, learning skills and ability to drive projects to completion.
- Ability to rapidly learn the Costco business as it is impacted by regulatory compliance and risk mitigation standards.
- Strong aptitude for learning regulatory requirements.
- Manage and drive multiple work-streams simultaneously to successful completion.
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- Highly motivated and detail oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret data and processes to identify potential compliance issues, risks and vulnerabilities.
- Ability to propose creative solutions to successfully remediate identified compliance issues.
- Ability to quickly understand security systems in order to identify and validate security requirements.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle crisis situations professionally with internal and external personnel.
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader...