Position Summary: Ensure that Heartland and its merchants are compliant with payment industry regulations, sponsor bank requirements, and laws impacting our business. Provide operational support to external and internal clients
- Answer questions from internal departments and clients via email and telephone
- Decipher publications for impact and disseminate, by providing a summary of potential impacts, to Heartland personnel including management, sales, and/or marketing
- Develop and distribute merchant correspondence pertaining to compliance related issues
- Handle day-to-day issues, reporting, and research within the department
- Investigate violations and correspond with card brand, sales reps and/or merchants regarding proper procedures
- Maintain knowledge of card brand rules and regulations. Serve as liaison between card brands, vendors, processors and staff to resolve issues, problems or concerns.
- Take ownership of issues, research the root cause, and see issues through to successful resolution
- Special projects as assigned
Work is performed in normal office environment. Travel may be required.
Skills/Aptitudes: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; analytical skills; Strong computer skills; ability to work independently with little supervision; strong organizational skills; detail oriented; problem solving with the ability to interpret data based on established criteria; experience with Microsoft Office suite preferred
- Education: A college degree or a combination of formal training and relevant experience
- Experience: Two years of bankcard industry experience dealing with card brands, merchants, and/or vendors preferred
- Knowledge: In-depth knowledge and understanding of the bankcard industry as a whole. Working knowledge of industry rules and regulations preferred
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Heartland Payment Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Heartland Payment Systems - 16 months ago
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY), delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing, gift marketing and loyalty programs, payroll and...