The Walt Disney Company aims to foster safe, inclusive and respectful workplaces. In support of this, the company has established a Code of Conduct for Manufacturers and operates an International Labor Standards (ILS) program designed to address working conditions for people making Disney-branded products, including factories that are not owned by Disney and are associated with vendors and licensees with whom we do business.
As an important component of Disneys Corporate Citizenship efforts, the International Labor Standards (ILS) Program helps foster safe, inclusive and respectful workplaces wherever Disney-branded products are produced. The Compliance Analyst reports to the Senior Analyst of Monitoring Operations and is responsible for reviewing factory monitoring reports to determine compliance with the Disney Code of Conduct for Manufacturers, drafting Corrective Action Plan (CAP) letters for licensee/vendor communication, determining the next step in the process based on ILS policies, and performing related tasks (e.g., factory termination). In doing so, the Compliance Analyst supports ILS in communicating program expectations to Disney business units and licensees/vendors with regard to audit requirements. This role requires exceptional attention-to-detail, a balanced analytical and critical-thinking skill set, strong written skills and the ability to communicate effectively in an international business setting.
Review social compliance audit reports from internal and external monitors who conduct inspections of manufacturing facilities worldwide. Evaluate identified violations of local labor laws and the Disney Code of Conduct to determine the next audit priority as well as the next step in the process based on ILS policies and audit review procedures. The review process includes communicating with internal teams and external audit firms to resolve relevant audit related issues and questions.
Based on audit findings, draft Corrective Action Plan (CAP) letters according to operational procedures and guidelines. The CAP letters communicate to the licensees/vendors the audit findings, ILS expectations and the consequences for noncompliance.
Other responsibilities may include the evaluation of social compliance audit reports submitted by licensees/vendors, inputting these audits into a database, supporting the Senior Analyst on projects as needed, as well as performing related tasks, e.g. factory termination process, compiling data for termination watch list.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a corporate setting is required.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office programs Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability.
- Self-motivated, sense of urgency and initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively in an international business setting.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities while achieving high level results.
- Receptive to changes, and ability to perform well under pressure.
Preferred Education *Bachelors Degree in a field such as Public Policy, International Studies or Manufacturing Operations would be beneficial.
- 4 to 5 years of experience in a corporate setting preferred.
- Work experience in social compliance field within an international corporation, or auditing experience with an audit firm strongly preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency (in English) in writing and editing skills preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency of a second language a plus.
- Experience with a social compliance audit related database a plus.
- SA8000 or IRCA auditor training a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in any field, or equivalent work experience.
If you are interested in having your global job listing on our site www.ComplianceJobs.com please feel free to contact:
- This position is with The Walt Disney Company.
Director of Marketing and Business Development
In addition to posting on our job board you can have your job also viewed by over 60,000 compliance professionals who receive our daily newsletter and you can also have it posted on our blog www.Compliancex.com which has thousands of viewers a day. Please contact Nick for more information.
Compliance Search - 2 years ago