The American health care industry is undergoing tremendous change. High deductible health plans have been on the rise for years, causing patients to take on more responsibility for an ever-increasing portion of their medical bills. The Affordable Care Act is expected to drive more than 30 million newly insured patients to these types of plans, which will only intensify the situation.
With higher out-of-pocket healthcare expenses come a larger number of people who have trouble paying their medical bills. Unpaid medical bills can lead to financial crisis for patients, and can keep them from getting the care they need, when they need it. For healthcare providers, unpaid medical bills can lead to increased write-offs and a weaker financial footing, threatening their ability to provide quality care to their community.
Headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon, just outside Portland, CarePayment offers healthcare finance solutions that improve financial performance for healthcare providers, increase patient satisfaction and loyalty, and are fully compliant with applicable state and federal consumer finance laws. CarePayment partners with healthcare providers to offer co-branded patient-friendly financing programs with the retail-like engagement, service, and technology experience consumers expect.
Founded in 2004, CarePayment is an industry leader now serving more than 130 facilities and clinics and 1.1 million patients with $700 million in life-to-date balances. CarePayment is backed by Aequitas Capital Management, Inc., which builds income-producing alternative investment solutions for institutional and high net worth clients. With this foundation, CarePayment has the financial strength to expand its best-in-class solutions to an even wider market. Our mission is to help people access and pay for healthcare and help providers maintain a strong presence in their community.
The Compliance Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the CarePayment Compliance Program. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week with occasional overtime.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Track compliance requests and document distribution for all regulatory and partner requirements
- Assist in audit testing and monitoring related to compliance policies and procedures
- Assist with the creation, collection and validation of compliance reports
- Assist with the maintenance of the compliance calendar
- Draft well written, clear and concise policy and procedure documents, consumer communications, and responses to regulators
- Maintain folders and matrixes of approved letters, marketing materials, scripts, etc.
- Assist in maintaining the training database and reports as requested
- Assist with the development and distribution of monthly and quarterly reporting
- Assist with scheduling and organization of meetings, events and visits.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the company
- Associates’ Degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Previous experience in health care or consumer finance, customer service or compliance role
- Deliverable tracking administration
- Working knowledge of consumer finance protection laws and regulations
- Experience in guiding co-workers understanding of, and compliance with, consumer finance policies and procedures
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to complete tasks on time.
- Ability to work well as part of the team.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Willingness to learn new computer skills and software.
- Flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment.
- Willingness to work occasional overtime as needed
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
Aequitas Capital Management, Inc. - 30+ days ago
Established in 1993, Aequitas Capital Management is an alternative investment firm providing private equity and commercial finance products...