Position: Compliance Assistant
Reports to: Director of Corporate Compliance and Security
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
This position is responsible for assisting Corporate Compliance activities and provides administrative support to the Corporate Compliance and Security group.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
1. Assists in the processing of information related to Controlled Substance Order Monitoring Program and the Customer Due Diligence Program.
2. Assists in the daily review of all suspended orders company wide and forwards orders requiring further review to the Compliance team.
3. Collects and reviews vendor due diligence packets and files for completion and license verification.
4. Provides administrative support for the Corporate Compliance and Security group working with confidential information.
5. Assist with the Self-Assessment program.
6. Monitor current Federal and State regulatory affairs legislation and current events that impact the company compliance efforts.
7. Assists corporate recall coordinator ensuring that vendor recalls are distributed and processed according to corporate and FDA guidelines.
8. Assist in the coordination of obtaining dispensing reports from customer and prospective accounts.
9. Assist in maintaining the Compliance Investigative Database and corresponding metrics.
10. Other tasks and projects as assigned.
Focuses on results in a professional, ethical, and responsible manner when dealing with customers, vendors, team members, and others.
Accepts being accountable and responsible in work practices and expectations. Delivers what is promised.
Foster a collaborative, team-oriented attitude. Communicates effectively with others with clarity and transparency.
Uses innovative critical and creative thinking to evaluate and solve work and customer issues.
Seeks assistance in solving work problems through collaboration and information seeking.
Demonstrates alignment with H. D. Smith values, mission, and strategy.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Minimum one year administrative experience.
Must have AS400 experience as well as Microsoft Office products.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and high emotional maturity level.
Equipment to be used
General Office equipment
Most tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate.
Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day-to-day and task-to-task.
Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
Must be able to do simple to complex math calculations.
Must be able to analyze complex information.
Must understand vague and implicit instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people. Is frequently called upon to handle difficult situations.
Must be knowledgeable in office procedures, and able to answer questions in a professional and friendly manner. Must be able to balance accounts and compile computer reports. Requires public contact and excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to make effective decisions in managers absence.
Requires working in office setting.
Dress code is business casual.
H. D. Smith - 2 years ago
H. D. Smith is one of the largest, national wholesale distributors, with services and solutions for manufacturers and healthcare providers....