Reports to : Financial Reporting Manager
Available Openings : One
FLSA Status : Non-Exempt
Position Closes : Open until filled
Salary : Commensurate with Experience
Job Number: 2013-10-San Diego-13N
The Compliance auditor will work under the supervision of the financial reporting manager while working closely with the accounts payable accountant and program managers to ensure that each program operates within local, state and federal laws, procedures, and regulations. This position requires strong attention to detail, high organization skills and prioritizing abilities. The Compliance auditor must be able to analyze financial data to insure efficiency, accuracy and compliance with relevant laws and standards, as well as to find instances of process deficiencies and improvements.
Essential Functions and responsibilities
Duties are illustrative and may vary with individual assignment. Other duties may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- Review records to verify that all duties have been completed in accordance with regulations
- Performing appropriate QA/QC within Salesforce.com/MAS90 platforms
- Investigating and resolving stale rebate checks
- Investigating and resolving rebate reissue checks
- Investigating and reporting applicant project requirement noncompliance
- Audit project files and financial records, and act as liaison with outside auditors
- Evaluate the strength and thoroughness of compliance preparations, and provide management recommendations for policy, procedure and practice improvements
- Assist in invoicing, tracking and verifying rebate checks, including quoting and receiving prorated rebate returns
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge and experience of accounts payable processing and reconciliation
- Advance computer literacy and process controls, including experience in flowcharting, word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- If hired, the candidate must provide documentation that shows their legal right to work in the United States.
Computer and/or Technical Skills:
- A minimum of three years auditing or general ledger experience
- Bachelor degree in accounting is preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office: Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with MAS90 a plus.
- Knowledge of or experience with Salesforce.com CRM platform
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download and fill the CCSE Application for Employment Form
Please send a resume, application and cover letter along with salary history via e-mail to email@example.com .
- Employee will work in an office environment and must possess the physical abilities to utilize standard office equipment: computer, telephone, copier etc.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others
- May work some evenings and weekends or work longer hours to meet deadlines.
- Some positions will require the performance of other essential and marginal functions depending upon work location, assignment, or shift.
- Sitting for extended periods of time while at a desk or in meetings; hearing and visual acuity within normal range; manual dexterity to operate keyboard and calculator
- Some positions require the use of personal or CCSE vehicles on CCSE business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for CCSE business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized
California Center for Sustainable Energy - 30+ days ago
CCSE is an independent, nonprofit organization that accelerates the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions throughout California....