USA High School Program is a cultural and educational exchange program where 1,400 high school students from around the world attend American high schools while living with host families all across the United States. The Compliance Coordinator position is part of the Compliance Team which assists CIEE field staff in securing compliant documentation for exchange students’ placements under the J-1 and F-1 visa categories.
Please note that this position will require work outside of normal 9AM to 5PM Monday to Friday business hours. Further, this position will require international travel for partner visits, trade shows, and conferences.
- Conduct vetting of host families and follow up on points of concern raised during application review
- Administrative support for required U.S. Department of State reports and audits
- Administrative support for State-specific registrations and requirements
- Track and coordinate the compliance of CIEE’s nationwide network of regional and local field representatives
- Maintain accurate data of student placement records
- Assist in the development of departmental procedures and policies
- Maintain up-to-date Policy and Compliance manuals
- Administrative support with State registrations and State requirements
- Assist the Director of Compliance and Operations and the Placement Director of USAHS with special projects as directed
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and incredible attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and within tight deadlines
- Flexibility and interest in a dynamic, team-oriented working environment
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook are essential
- Some evening and weekend work may be required
- Potential for domestic and international travel
Due to federal regulations a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.
- Physical Demands:
- Lifting: 0-25 lbs
- Frequency of lifting: infrequent
- Typical business day: 9am-5pm
- Additional Physical Demands
- Ability to speak and listen on a telephone
- Ability to type, and view a computer screen
- Ability to bend and sort paperwork in a filing cabinet.
- Visual, Hearing, Dexterity & Mental Demands
- Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job such as using a telephone, answering emails, filing paperwork, viewing a computer screen, and operating office equipment.
Interested candidates please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Please put “Compliance Coordinator, USAHS” in the subject line. We will contact those candidates we would like to meet with to further discuss this exciting opportunity. Due to high volume we are unable to respond personally to each candidate. No phone calls please.
CIEE - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Why work, study, or volunteer here when you can work, study, or volunteer over there? Council On International Educational Exchange (CIEE)...