Would you like to work with a great team of people at a rapidly growing company? Join 4moms , a truly innovative consumer products company. We’ve introduced robotics technology to the juvenile industry with our suite of high-tech baby gear, including the world’s first power-folding stroller. We incorporate mechatronic technology and electronics into our products to expand their functions and increase ease-of-use. We design every product we make with intense attention to detail. We’re always original, never a “me-too” company.
The best candidates for this Compliance Officer position will be very detail-oriented, have extensive organizational skills, and possess the drive to complete multiple projects simultaneously.
We currently distribute our products in 49 countries and must meet the constantly changing safety standards that apply to each of these countries. Additionally, there are local regulations with which we must comply. The Compliance Coordinator will become an expert in these safety standards and regulations, especially those related to warnings, product markings, and packaging. He/she will work closely with our graphics and marketing team to gather the content that complies with the standards and embodies the brand, while balancing other compliance/safety related tasks as necessary.
What you'll be doing:
Under the guidance and leadership of the Product Compliance Engineering Lead:
What we need from you:
- By developing a thorough understanding of international safety, manufacturing, and shipping standards and regulations, participate in the creation and approval process of technical literature, labeling, and product support materials.
- Coordinates activities within departments as needed to ensure appropriate compliance policies and procedures are established and followed
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of regulation and compliance statuses; may collaborate with other departments to prepare and maintain reports
- Collaborates with Engineering, Legal and Documentation team in researching patents
- Supports the review of new products, marketing notices, and documents to determine compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- May be involved with reviewing and assessing areas of greatest risk and prepare accurate, timely, and objective reports of results.
- Works closely with graphic design and marketing teams to gather the content for manuals, tags, labels, and stickers, etc and mock up files within Adobe Illustrator
- Updates standards within graphics files when needed
- Within the scope of responsibilities, ensures that our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system data is both current and accurate.
Would be nice to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or other related technical field
- 2-3 years of experience within documentation, printed goods compliance or related responsibilities
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent, proactive written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to efficiently organize mass data and articulate it effectively
- Passion and dedication to adapt to changing situations and develop new skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Any experience with Adobe Illustrator or InDesign
- Any experience in the juvenile product industry
In return for your services, we currently offer a generous total compensation plan including a competitive salary, company paid medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k with company match, and an iPhone.
4moms’ company culture is focused on fostering creativity and collaboration. The company has an open, shared workspace featuring communal lounges, rather than boring office cubes. Our work environment promotes teamwork and unscripted conversations, resulting in fast fixes and therefore, better outcomes.
Based in Pittsburgh, PA, we’re one of America’s fastest-growing companies, and the best is yet to come! 4moms was featured on the 2013 Inc. 500 list, and the 4moms breeze won the prestigious red dot award for product design in 2013, alongside famed companies like Apple and Mercedes. 4moms was listed as one of the Best Places to Work in Western PA in 2011, 2012, and 2013 and named one of Pittsburgh’s fastest-growing local companies in 2012 and 2013. 4moms has also been honored with a 2011 Kind & Jugend Innovation Award, Popular Science Best of What’s New Award, JPMA Innovation Award, the iParenting Media Award and the National Parenting Seal of Approval.