As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
The Compliance Coordinator will provide support to the Compliance Officer by coordinating travel, preparing intradepartmental communications, monitoring deadlines and managing training databases and other compliance monitoring resources.
- Manage Magna's compliance training databases.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for delivery by the Compliance Officer and other compliance personnel.
- Independently communicate with managers on compliance issues.
- Prepare and ensure the accuracy of all correspondence and agendas, etc.
- Act as resource to group corporate compliance committees to ensure efficient operation, by assisting the Compliance Officer organize agendas, prepare minutes, etc.
- Represent the Compliance department in a professional and confident manner.
- Handle confidential information appropriately using discretion and diplomacy.
- Assist the compliance Officer or Vice President, Ethics and Legal Compliance on all other projects.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, compliance or other related field.
- A minimum three years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Approximately 1-3 years experience in a professional environment.
- Experience in the automotive sector, preferably an automotive supplier.
Skills and Competencies
- To be successful in this role, exceptional organizational and prioritization abilities are necessary.
- Good judgment and strong writing skills are critical
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Advanced knowledge in Excel, including the ability to run reports, employ macros, create pivot tables and use advanced formulas to maximize Excel spreadsheet utility a plus
- Creative and willing to take initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate complex issues clearly and to be persuasive in a manner that is both direct and diplomatic, combined with an ability to build solid relationships across a diverse group of business people with a wide array of professional backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully coordinate and complete multiple taks within and across departments to meet established and changing deadlines.
- The ability and desire to work independently with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information and data constantly and discreetly.
Magna - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Magna Entertainment Corp. (MEC) owns horse racetracks in California, Florida, Maryland, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio, Oregon and Ebreichsdorf,...