Carestream Health is searching for a talented Compliance Deputy to work with our growing Ethics and Compliance team. He/She will work closely with our legal, finance and auditing teams. This person will be located in our Atlanta, Georgia office in support of the Carestream Dental business.
Problem-Solving and Communication
Program Management (Project Management, Cross-Functional Coordination)
- Respond to employee questions and concerns regarding standards and policies.
- Assist with developing and drafting policies, procedures and learning aids.
- Provide live compliance training in large and small group settings and assist in developing webinars and on-line training modules
- Assist the Chief Compliance Officer with the investigation and reporting of incidents and breaches of company policies
- Recommend and implement remedial actions in response to breaches
- Review policy exception requests, including conflicts of interest notifications as well as sponsorship and donation requests
Business Unit Partnership (Training and Ongoing Support)
- Manage compliance initiatives and projects driven out to business units, such as designing and implementing a Needs Assessment Process and Fair Market Value Process for Key Opinion Leaders, Intermediary Due Diligence Process, and Policy Management Initiative
- Work cross-divisionally on planning and implementing the rollout of communications from the compliance office
- Ensure compliance and ethics program activities align with business objectives and become integrated into business activities
- Lead development of compliance and ethics training program and work with business units and functions on program rollout
- Provide periodic live training and education to business unit executives and management around specific legal and policy issues, including compliance with the FCPA, UK Bribery Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, Physician Payment Sunshine Provisions, FDA regulations and export control laws
- Meet with business unit executives to report on and ensure adequate visibility of compliance and ethics program initiatives
Support Inquiries and Investigations
- Provide specialist advice and assistance to business units in implementing regulatory initiatives and policies
- Understand and help provide solutions to the compliance challenges facing a multinational manufacturer serving the health care industry
- Help formalize process in complying with changing state, Federal and International law compliance requirements
Required Skills and Experience:
- Assist the Chief Compliance Officer with defining the scope of work required to support inquiries and investigations;
- Use analytical and accounting skills to assist with forensic reviews
- Assist with interviews during inquiries and investigations
- Ensure the inquiry/investigation is properly documented
Other titles for this role may include: Compliance Manager or Assistant Compliance Officer
- Over 3 years of on the job, related experience in a compliance, legal, audit or HR role.
- Experience in the Medical Device, Dental or Healthcare industry, Pharma or Biotech industries will give the candidate a distinct advantage.
- BA/BS degree is required and an advanced degree, compliance certification, certified internal auditor, certified fraud examiner, certified public accountant and/or JD is strongly preferred, equivalent experience will be considered.
- Local Candidates preferred.
- The position will require approximately 10-25% travel (domestic and international).
Carestream Health - 15 months ago
Carestream Health gets the picture. The company develops and sells imaging products to help dentists, doctors, and scientists take, process,...