Compliance Deputy (Rochester)
Carestream Health is searching for a talented Compliance Deputy to work with our growing Ethics and Compliance team. This person will work closely with our legal, finance and auditing teams. This role is located at our headquarters in Rochester, NY.
Problem-Solving and Communication
• Respond to employee questions and concerns regarding standards and policies.
• Assist with developing and drafting policies, procedures and learning aids.
• Provide live compliance training in large and small group settings and assist in developing webinars and on-line training modules
• Assist the Chief Compliance Officer with the investigation and reporting of incidents and breaches of company policies
• Recommend and implement remedial actions in response to breaches
• Review policy exception requests, including conflicts of interest notifications as well as sponsorship and donation requests
Program Management (Project Management, Cross-Functional Coordination)
• Manage compliance initiatives and projects driven out to business units, such as designing and implementing a Needs Assessment Process and Fair Market Value Process for Key Opinion Leaders, Intermediary Due Diligence Process, and Policy Management Initiative
• Work cross-divisionally on planning and implementing the rollout of communications from the compliance office
Business Unit Partnership (Training and Ongoing Support)
• Ensure compliance and ethics program activities align with business objectives and become integrated into business activities
• Lead development of compliance and ethics training program and work with business units and functions on program rollout
• Provide periodic live training and education to business unit executives and management around specific legal and policy issues, including compliance with the FCPA, UK Bribery Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, Physician Payment Sunshine Provisions, FDA regulations and export control laws
• Meet with business unit executives to report on and ensure adequate visibility of compliance and ethics program initiatives
• Provide specialist advice and assistance to business units in implementing regulatory initiatives and policies
• Understand and help provide solutions to the compliance challenges facing a multinational manufacturer serving the health care industry
• Help formalize process in complying with changing state, Federal and International law compliance requirements
Support Inquiries and Investigations
• Assist the Chief Compliance Officer with defining the scope of work required to support inquiries and investigations;
• Use analytical and accounting skills to assist with forensic reviews
• Assist with interviews during inquiries and investigations
• Ensure the inquiry/investigation is properly documented
Required Skills and Experience:
• Over 3 years of on the job, related experience in a compliance, legal, audit or HR role.
• Experience in the Medical Device, Dental or Healthcare industry, Pharma or Biotech industries will give the candidate a distinct advantage.
• BA/BS degree is required and an advanced degree, ethics/compliance certification, certified internal auditor, certified fraud examiner, certified public accountant or JD is strongly preferred, equivalent experience will be considered.
• Six Sigma certification is a plus.
• Local Candidates preferred.
• The position will require approximately 10-25% travel (domestic and international).
Other titles for this role may include: Compliance Manager or Assistant Compliance Officer
Carestream Health gets the picture. The company develops and sells imaging products to help dentists, doctors, and scientists take, process,...