Responsible for managing enterprise wide regulatory compliance activities through individual contribution and/or leading subordinates to ensure the achievement of annual objectives
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the development and implementation of the compliance program policy, and standards as well as addressing other required regulatory policies.
- Develops, leads, manages and motivates staff.
- Monitors staff performance, works with Human Resources on issues, works with employees to implement goals and document progress.
- Maintains an outstanding knowledge of current federal laws and regulations.
- Monitors, interprets and communicates regulatory changes that impact new products, or existing business activities.
- Maintains the effectiveness of the Compliance Program.
- Oversees or participates in product assessments to verify ongoing regulatory compliance.
- Develops, coordinates and participates in compliance educational and training programs.
- Manages the Product Compliance Department (depending on management level).
- Advises developers and product managers of compliance requirements for new product enhancements or corrections.
- Establishes metrics and provides reporting to stakeholders.
- Manages the development of articles, web scripts, seminar content and other materials on relevant compliance topics to assist clients in understanding specific compliance regulations.
- Presents compliance seminars, web casts and other compliance oriented presentations to internal and external clients as needed.
- Manages and/or conducts product compliance audits and assessments.
- Develops, implements, and maintain systems, procedures, and policies.
- Administers budget.
- Manages schedules and performance standards.
- Participates in strategy and business plan development.
- Performs other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree in business administration or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience as required for specific job level
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Senior managerial role - directs and controls activities of a broad functional area through several department managers providing banking industry compliance information to internal and external clients via written and verbal communication. Responsible for policies and procedures and a full range of components within the compliance program such as developing strategies and objectives. Results achieved are enterprise wide focused and affect large groups of customers, partners, stakeholders, and employees. Creates and delivers compliance audits as well as training to other business areas to increase compliance awareness. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods. Participates with other senior managers in establishing strategic plans and objectives, makes final decisions on administrative/operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the business and/or industry. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements. Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization. Typically requires 10 plus years experience in banking or financial services compliance, preferably with 7 or more years with a federal regulator or other compliance consultant or a related field.
- Requires strong management skills, as well as strong organizational, team building, coaching and mentoring skills
- General business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision, and executive presence
- Above average knowledge of lending, deposit, AML and/or tax laws and regulations
- Ability to identify, address and resolve employee related issues
- Strong analytical, statistical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to utilize judgment in decision making process and decisions related to job tasks
- Excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner including presentations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
- Skill in productivity, planning, and workload management
- Skill in negotiation regarding complex issues
- Ability to provide information to a variety of audiences and deal effectively with issues that are confidential and sensitive in nature
- Ability to share information with awareness of its effect on others
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
US-NY-New York NY
FIS - 23 months ago
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in...