MTS is seeking a Compliance Engineer to s erve on MTS product safety & regulatory compliance and product qualification activities to ensure compliance with national and international product safety regulatory requirements in the company’s product designs. Will assist in the development of safety & regulatory policies and procedures and represent MTS in pertinent international technical societies. Also serves in a consultative capacity regarding worldwide response to product injury incidents and trains MTS staff on usage of systems and safety engineering for regulatory compliance.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1) Assist in the development of corporate policy & procedures for product safety and regulatory compliance:
2) Guide product development teams on product safety & regulatory compliance:
- Evaluate and interpret US and foreign government regulations and standards to provide guidance for corporate compliance strategy and risk management.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and tools to manage worldwide compliance to applicable product safety and regulatory requirements.
- Provide guidance to senior management regarding corporate compliance matters.
- Provide technical direction and communication across engineering, contracts, and legal to ensure understanding, cooperation and coordination, resulting in compliant practices/procedures.
- Assist in the development of MTS business process and procedures for product safety and regulatory compliance to ISO, AS, and CE standards.
- Conduct periodic audits to ensure compliance to established company policies and procedures.
3) Educate and train MTS staff on achieving safety and regulatory compliance. Assist in the development of MTS Test product safety and regulatory procedures and tools, train staff on their use.
- Evaluate and interpret US and foreign government regulations to provide technical design guidance for product development teams.
- Review proposed customer terms and conditions; advise product teams on impact of referenced standards and options for compliance or re-negotiation.
- Guide pursuit teams on contractual risk management with clarification of customer terms and conditions, with referenced standards and regulations, and with other applicable international standards which should be brought into play for a particular pursuit.
4) Serves as an engineering team leader and technical expert to resolve compliance-related matters, including incident resolution.
- Tailor and adapt available industry standards and tools to enable MTS staff to better manage legal and operational risks of our manufactured systems.
- Assist in the development of tools and processes to enable other engineers to work on safety and regulatory issues in their projects with a reasonable level of autonomy.
- Develop methodology and processes for product test plans, and ensure effective validation testing for compliance to applicable safety & regulatory requirements.
- Conduct or assist in internal investigations and analysis of any suspected non-compliant product / incident. Define and/or assist in definition of corrective action as necessary.
- Serve as primary contact and negotiator with international regulatory bodies as required for developmental systems, accident response, and policy development.
- Guide post incident investigation and problem resolution, advise corporate on risk exposures, follow up with action plans for related systems when warranted.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
1 - 3 years' related experience working on cross-functional engineering teams
Working knowledge of Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, with an understanding of LVD, EMC, PED, and MD, European ATEX, ASME standards, WEEE, RoHS, China, CCC, TUV, and other third party certification agencies
History of successfully guiding international safety and regulatory compliance in complex technical development projects
Will consider candidates looking for full-time or contract opportunities.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...