Compliance Engineer I-1203242
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job is for a compliance engineering position to provide support to the assigned unit daily execution team. Opportunities for long term career advancement and many interesting challenges exist within this group. Following are a list of the responsibilities for this position:
- Responsible for review of daily environmental compliance records and periodic reporting requirements.
- Follow-up, track and ensure timely closeout of environmental related action items.
- Be the unit contact for Agency inspections / audits
- Provide unit-specific coordination, preparation, and maintenance of environmental compliance between internal audits
- Be the unit contact for all data required for completion of environmental reporting.
- Be the unit contact for all data required for new environmental permits or changes to existing environmental permits.
- Develop and implement processes (both equipment based and administrative) to achieve compliance with environmental regulations.
- Supports and provides input into the Site's environmental strategy
- Provide engineering based continuous improvement solutions for minimizing the impacts of environmental processes (including waste minimization)
- Supports efforts to obtain new or revise environmental permits
- Develop and provide support for environmental training of production personnel.
- Participate and provide expertise (as necessary) in PHAs
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with waste management activities
Capital Project Support
- Monitor and provide guidance for the achievement of plant goals, objectives, and operational budgets
- Generate and complete MOCs; revalidate temporary MOCs to confirm they are still valid
- Interface with suppliers, customers, and vendors as needed to maintain plant operations
- Participate in micro / finite production planning & scheduling
- Identify Lean opportunities and support implementation
- Define strategic & non-routine activities, then support scheduling of shift work
- Ensure proper documentation of operating files, records, and operation drawings
- Provide technical and administrative support to operations, maintenance and the business in support of the production plan
- Provide technical and leadership support in root cause failure analysis for production and quality incidents
- Provide troubleshooting assistance and knowledge transfer for troubleshooting assistance to the Daily Production Execution team
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Support permitting efforts by supplying process / operating data for capital projects
- Ensure project meets applicable regulatory requirements for environmental compliance
BS degree from accredited institution in Chemical Engineering. BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
- 0 to 3 years of experience in chemical plant operations, project design and construction or EHS.
- Strong understanding of process engineering concepts and their applications.
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, TCEQ and other applicable code and regulations and standards.
- Practical experience in plant troubleshooting.
Experience in an Engineering Co-op or Internship program in a chemical or petrochemical manufacturing organization.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Freeport
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NCF-Freeport Site
BASF - 20 months ago
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company.
With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close...