Perform compliance testing and prepare government forms for defined contribution plans. Verify accuracy of plan census data and identify contributions to be tested for plan year. Communicate internally or with plan sponsors to update and correct required data necessary to perform various testing required by government regulations (ADP, ACP, 415, 410b coverage and top heavy testing).
1. Investigate and clarify client data or census problems.
2. Complete testing and ensure quality control audit is performed.
3. Allocate employer profit sharing, matching and/or money purchase pension contributions based upon plan provisions and submit to plan sponsor for approval.
4. Calculate contribution corrections or top heavy minimum contributions for plan sponsors.
5. Complete test results and recommend solutions to client when specific failures are identified.
6. Preparation of government forms for client. Prepare Form 5500 and related schedules using government forms software.
7. Interpret current and/or prior plan document history.
8. Ensure deadlines are identified and met.
9. Consult on, recommend and implement resolutions to client issues, satisfaction, response and any other items necessary.
10. Maintain current awareness and understanding of legislative changes, IRS rulings, and expert opinions related to the processing of retirement plans.
11. Research new issues to determine their impact on plan qualification status and communicate with supervisor on daily processing issues.
- College degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in employee benefits, with experience in testing and 5500.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and strong MS Office skills required. ASPPA certification a plus.
Excellent communication skills (both written and oral). ASPPA certification a plus
- Thorough and complete knowledge of ERISA and the retirement planning industry.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply plan document provisions.
- Ability to present complex information to individuals and groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM Dynamics, and LiveMeeting).
SunGard provides wealth management solutions that help banks, trust companies, brokerage firms, insurance firms, benefit administrators and independent advisors acquire, service and grow their client relationships. We provide solutions for client acquisition, transaction management, trust accounting and recordkeeping that can be deployed as stand-alone products, or as part of an integrated wealth management platform.
Capitalize on Change
In speaking to our customers, we hear three universal business challenges that need to be addressed in an ever-changing financial services landscape: delivering transparency to internal and external stakeholders, increasing efficiency for cost management and leveraging networks for growth. Please join the conversation at www.sungard.com/ten .
SunGard - 17 months ago