GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Lead Compliance integration for GEGR headquarters in Niskayuna NY, contributing to and coordinating with a global team focused on prevention, detection, and response to compliance issues.
As a member of the GEGR compliance team you will support GEGR compliance initiatives to raise awareness, strengthen the compliance culture and infrastructure, integrate preventive and monitoring controls directly and via partnership with other functions, and manage the local response to compliance issues at GEGR headquarters in Niskayuna, NY.
As a Compliance Leader, you will, among other things:
- Partner with the Global Compliance Leader to maintain a robust compliance program for Global research Niskayuna (GEGR-N) which ensures strong communication of plans; strong operational leadership for compliance programs; proper risk assessment of critical compliance areas for GEGR; appropriate early warning tracking for key compliance areas; and creation and ownership of control mechanisms for monitoring progress and adherence to compliance initiatives.
- Work with the Global Compliance Leader to build and maintain methods, tools and processes that will bring clarity to our current compliance framework as well as implement new ideas to strengthen the compliance infrastructure.
- Lead the planning and implementation process for compliance programs to ensure proper communication, roll out, adherence to plans and budget, and ongoing program support.
- Interface on a regular basis with Senior Management and partner with the Global Compliance Leader and the Compliance Team to strengthen and enhance the compliance infrastructure, processes and culture across all Global Research sites.
- Contribute to the GEGR Session D process.
- Work with the Global Compliance Leader to establish and successfully run the Compliance Review Boards.
- Prepare and facilitate monthly US Compliance Review Board and Compliance Champions meetings
- Drive periodic review /simplification of GEGR-N Compliance Procedures as well as tracking of the same for other GEGR-N Procedures.
- Conduct Open Reporting, Day 1 Compliance, and other Compliance awareness training.
- Adjudicate Conflict of Interest disclosures.
- Partner with IT and IP protection teams on strategy and execution re: Data Loss Prevention
- Manage GEGR-N internal investigations portfolio and participate in investigations as appropriate
- Manage compliance aspects of the GEGR US Federal Contracting portfolio.
- Exemplify GE growth values and make full use of GE initiatives.
- JD, or Phd / MBA (with a concentration in Law, Audit or Finance) with 5 or more years of experience managing or participating in the management of compliance matters. Or Candidates with a Masters in Law, Audit, or Finance with 5 years of experience or a LLB or Bachelors with at least 10 years of experience managing or participating in the management of compliance matters, with experience in a corporate environment will also be considered.
- 5 years professional experience managing or participating in the management of compliance matters, with experience in a corporate environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage large-scale projects or initiatives at the Global level.
- Exposure to an in-house legal department.
- Experience in program management.
- Demonstrated communication and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to influence multiple stakeholders at a senior level to drive lasting change.
- Due to the nature of the work done at GE Global Research, this role requires the individual to obtain and maintain US Government Security Clearance; prerequisite for a security clearance is U.S. citizenship.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified.
- Proven experience in conducting internal investigations.
- Previous legal or regulatory experience in an industrial research setting.
- Experienced capability of working effectively within a global team.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret data and understand where change can be implemented to drive results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in fast-paced environment.
- Customer centric approach - ability to understand how to proactively identify customer needs and implement strategies to meet needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing conflicts of interest resolutions, internal investigations, compliance champions network(s), training and education, and other compliance related programs.
- Thorough understanding of global compliance issues as presented in a research environment.
- Significant familiarity with GE operations, preferably but not limited to GE Global Research.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a large-scale projects or initiatives at a country-wide / regional level.
- Familiarity with basic GE Compliance processes and procedures
- Ability to travel on a global basis as needed
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 17 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...