Responsible for managing the execution and coordination of the compliance function at the group level. Manages the review and interpretation of new and pending laws and regulations, which potentially affects the business practices for the assigned group.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provides a leadership role in implementing policies, standards and procedures specific to the needs of the Business Units aligned with the Bank’s Corporate Compliance program
2. Analyzes various processes and products, existing or new, by addressing required processes under the Compliance program framework (risk assessment, to documenting controls, and to implementing testing)
3. Works with management and staff in areas of the organization affected by alterations in business practices to ensure understanding and implementation of new policies and procedures.
4. Collaborate with other Bank units to study and investigate issues and identify and implement solutions
5. Develops/amends written policies and procedures related to products and processes
6. Supervises and/or performs periodic testing to determine effectiveness of unit’s compliance to regulatory requirements, internal policies, and best practices
7. Directs and assists staff with the development or revision of policies, procedures, contracts and agreements to ensure compliance.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field required
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- 10+ yrs combined Compliance/Audit/Risk Management experience
- 5+ yrs managerial/supervisory experience
- Alternative: Combination of education and experience (years /description) Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- BWIS – Advisory Services
- The Compliance Manager – Advisory Services provides primary oversight and supervision to the Wealth Management Group's advisory product offering. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining policies and procedures and the overall design/maintenance of the advisory services compliance program. Provides oversight of Wealth Management Group's investment advisory business, governed by the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and various state regulatory authorities. Other essential duties and skills/knowledge required for this job include:
- Ability to provide daily monitoring and oversight of client portfolios and asset allocations to ensure general adherence to advice provided to clients, investment guidelines and/or client restrictions.
- Ability to provide Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) Code of Ethics monitoring and oversight.
- Ability to develop and maintain compliance policies and procedures for the Advisory Services product offering, including Investment Advisory Compliance Manual, Supervisory and Oversight Procedures, and the Registered Investment Adviser Code of Ethics.
- Ability to review and approval advisory program sales literature, marketing materials and other communications; file with FINRA as necessary.
- Ability to prepare and present annual SEC 206(4)-7 annual compliance testing and remediation report to senior management.
- Ability to liaise with Bank Corporate Compliance Department to address and respond to any and all regulatory inquiries/examinations relating to the registered investment adviser.
- Must have experience and ability to manage the annual Form ADV process.
- FINRA Series 7, 24, and 66 (or 63 and 65)
- Strong knowledge of bank/broker-dealer compliance
- Compliance expertise in investment advisory wrap fee programs
- Ability to read and interpret regulatory statutes and client guidelines
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and inter-personal skills
- Will supervise a team of 2 or more Professional Staff
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...