Position is responsible for review of regulatory compliance activities, coordinating the Bank Division's compliance-related programs, consultation with management and/or department heads regarding compliance issues, monitoring of new legislative/administrative developments and issue regular reports. Position provides training and leadership to staff regarding compliance rules and requirements.
1. Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of GBCI’s compliance program including deposit, lending, and advertising compliance.
2. Monitor and maintain a current awareness of legal and regulatory developments and guidelines, and current knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and issues related to compliance for the Division.
3. Report important compliance developments and revisions to Division management and assist with analyzing the impact of regulations to determine practical solutions and development of or updates to policies and procedures that may be available to the Bank
4. Communicate solutions to senior management and/or impacted departments. Work closely with Department and Branch Managers, to create or review training when changes occur to current regulations, or new regulations are mandated.
5. Randomly review commercial, consumer, and real estate loan files to ensure compliance with banking regulations. Document exceptions and provide copies to Department Manager.
6. Perform reviews of deposit products and disclosures, to ensure proper compliance with regulatory rules and regulations.
7. Issue regular reports to division management and GB/GBCI Board of Directors with recommendations and management responses and perform follow-up to ensure management has taken proper corrective action.
8. Prepare for and work cooperatively with regulators during their exams.
9. Work with Compliance Director / Compliance Manager or designated committee on project implementation of new product lines or new bank systems. Work with bank divisions on new products or services offered to Division's customers.
10. Travel to various bank locations may be required from time to time.
Education and Experience:
1. Combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Business and five years of related work experience, preferably in a banking environment.
2. Position must have, or be pursuing, a professional designation such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Community Compliance Bank Officer(CCBO) or similar designation.
3. Should possess in-depth knowledge of the banking regulations, and ability to assess and address compliance risks of various bank products and services, customer types, and banking transactions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Professionalism: Maintains professional image at all times and represents the bank in a positive manner; maintains credibility with customers and co-workers.
2. Confidentiality: Maintains strict confidentiality regarding any information obtained during the course of performing job duties.
3. Quality Management: Adheres to established GBCI guidelines, protocol, policies and procedures; looks for ways to improve and promote work quality and demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail; possesses focus, discipline and motivation to achieve effective results.
4. Adaptability: Adapts positively to changes in work environment; manages competing demands and effectively handles changes, delays and/or unexpected events with a positive attitude.
5. Planning and Organization: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; committed to achieving results under demanding time frames.
6. Judgment and Problem Solving: Displays ability and willingness to make decisions; identifies and resolves problems in a timely and positive manner; exhibits sound and accurate judgment to form reasonable, intelligent and timely decisions; appropriately handles situations that may arise.
7. Interpersonal Skills: Works well with a variety of individuals with diverse backgrounds; remains open to ideas/suggestions of others, and exhibits willingness to try new methods.
8. Communication Skills: Speaks and writes clearly; communicates positively when addressing both positive and negative situations while using appropriate tone of voice and choice of words.
9. Teamwork: Demonstrates willingness to work with co-workers, supervisor and other management members to achieve goals; supports team efforts by making positive and meaningful contributions to the team; actively participates in meetings and other group activities.
10. Attitude toward Supervisor: Maintains open and positive communication with supervisor by sharing and accepting suggestions and information; follows directives.
11. Customer Service: Provides excellent customer service to the internal customer. Displays courtesy and respect towards internal customers (co-workers, supervisor and other management personnel).
12. Must posses a valid driver’s license.
Working knowledge of:
1. State, federal and industry banking compliance regulations and guidelines; and applicable laws and regulations.
2. Banking products related to operations, deposit and lending functions.
3. Principles, practices and techniques used to manage and ensure compliance with governing regulations affecting operations of a bank system.
Skill in areas related to:
1. Computer operation/use including strong working knowledge and demonstrated use of MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint and the Internet. Computerized bank and financial applications experience is preferred.
Monitor, analyze and apply compliance rules, regulations and procedures
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. - 21 months ago