Major Role: Responsible for ensuring the policies and procedures of the Credit Union comply with the appropriate laws and regulations. Analyzes new and pending laws that could directly affect the Credit Union's current practices. Develop and revise current policies and procedures to ensure compliance. Ensures all affected areas of the Credit Union are kept informed of changing laws and procedures for implementation to be completed at the appropriate time.|
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- To provide friendly, professional and personal service to all members and employees and support the “I am because we are having fun, working hard, and winning together” culture.
- To maintain a continuous study of applicable State and Federal Laws to ensure the Credit Union's policies and procedures remain compliant with the appropriate laws, this includes: obtaining and maintaining compliance certifications (CUCE, NCCO, or other related certifications) within 12 calendar months of accepting the position.
- To ensure departments and staff are made aware of all new changes affecting their compliance within the required time frame as set down by management.
- To perform relevant compliance audits periodically independently or in coordination with the Internal Auditor or other members of the Administration team.
- To prepare the periodic report timely, accurately and professionally.
- Demonstrate sustained regulatory compliance as evidenced by no repeat citings on external or
- internal audits.
- To keep informed of current fraud trends and methods to prevent loss.
- To provide independent, effective evaluation of internal controls, processes, policies and procedures for compliance and risk exposure.
- To maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
- To achieve/receive a minimum of a 2 level rating in every category on the annual examination,
- with no repeat citations.
- Analyze new and pending laws and regulations which will affect the Credit Union's operations, develops and periodically reviews and updates the policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, notifies all affected parties of the changes and the new procedures adopted.
- Develops and implements a compliance program to effectively review nominated areas of the the Credit Union for compliance.
- Performs on?site audits in coordination with the Internal Auditor and other members of the team.
- Coordinates projects that involve information disclosure and policy changes to inform staff of procedures that must be complied with.
- Prepares and presents periodic reports to the Board of Directors concerning the Credit Union's current record of compliance.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
- A college degree. Obtaining relevant compliance certifications within 12 months of accepting the Compliance Officer position.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Nationjob.com - 7 months ago