– Full Time – 4 PM to 12:30 AM
Omnicare is a Fortune 400 company and has provided comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers across all 50 states and Canada for over 30 years. We are the market leader in professional pharmacy, related consulting, and data management services for skilled nursing, assisted living, and other chronic care institutions. Omnicare also provides key commercialization services for the bio-pharmaceutical industry and end-of-life disease management through its Specialty Care Group.
The Compliance Technician is responsible for entering prescription data in support of the controlled substances dispensing process and maintaining accurate records/documentation for these medications. Job includes contacting physicians regarding controlled substance issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Receive and follow work schedule/instructions from your supervisor and as outlined in our established policies and procedures.
- Compliance with State and Federal laws for controlled substances.
- Contact physician (via fax or phone) on any narcotic prescriptions to receive a hard copy within the required time frame per State statutes.
- Assist in keeping accurate records of scheduled substances invoices.
- Assist in reviewing the narcotic Rx’s are back in timely manner.
- Run prescription logs, controlled drug logs, Rx cards; close out expired Rx’s (CII); ensure completion of CII file.
- Other related duties and responsibilities that may become necessary or appropriate to meet the administrative needs of the organization.
- Maintain CONFIDENTIALITY of all pertinent resident care information to assure resident rights are protected. This will be conveyed to all pharmacy personnel.
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
- Display behavior which exemplifies employee code of conduct guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
- High School Diploma
- Pharmacy Experience Preferred
Omnicare Benefits Include:
- 40 hour work week; basic shift hours – 4:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Weekend and holiday rotations
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance – Basic, Voluntary, Dependent
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K Plan with employer contribution
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Pharmacy experience (retail, hospital, mail order or long term care) required – long term care experience preferred
- Detail oriented
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Effective verbal and written communications skills for both internal and external customers
- Strong computer skills
- Familiarity and working knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Demonstrate Omnicare’s Core Values of Excellence, Integrity, Service and Compassion.
Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Omnicare, Inc - 19 months ago
Omnicare strives to be omnipresent in US nursing homes. The firm is the country's largest institutional pharmacy services provider,...