Supports the Director, Ethics and Compliance Program Assessment, in ensuring that facility Ethics & Compliance Officers (ECOs) understand and adequately discharge their responsibilities in implementing the Ethics & Compliance Program. Visits facilities to assess compliance program by interviewing key personnel involved in compliance areas and by reviewing documentation related to program implementation. Identifies significant compliance risk and facilitates actions necessary to mitigate those risks. Prepares written reports of findings and tracks trends across facility lines.
1. Visits facilities to interview key management personnel as a method of measuring the degree of implementation of the Ethics & Compliance Program at the facility level.
2. Identifies compliance processes in place at facility and performs transaction testing to ensure that expected outcomes are realized.
3. Coordinates planning of visits with Internal Audit and other Corporate departments to ensure that review responsibilities do not overlap.
4. Maintains current working knowledge of healthcare compliance high-risk areas and measures compliance in these high-risk areas at the facility level.
5. Prepares written reports that document the purpose and results of facility visits along with perceived program weaknesses and recommendations for improvement. Periodically prepares reports that indicate trends among facilities that indicate corrective actions are required.
6. Monitors actions by facility ECOs to ensure suggested corrective actions are implemented.
7. Conducts oral briefings to the Ethics & Compliance Department staff when requested.
8. Identifies risks and develops methods of assessing risks.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
3-7 years applicable experience
JD, MBA preferred
MS Office proficient
SharePoint database experience preferred
This position requires an individual with knowledge of healthcare compliance issues as well as a background in such areas such as EMTALA, HITECH/HIPAA, Stark, Medicare regulations and other compliance areas. This person should be well organized with outstanding interpersonal, communication and analytical skills. Requires the ability to credibly interact with senior facility management. CHC preferred.
This position requires travel approximately 40% of the time.