KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the planning, direction, and control of tasks and functions essential to maintain compliance related products/projects from inception to completion. This includes enhancements to existing products.
- Partner with Compliance team to monitor compliance related mandates and facilitate decision making and communication of opportunities.
- Gather information about product needs, including understanding: industry trends, competitor trends, how clients use the product, technical functions, pertinent regulatory requirements (if any), problems with the current product design, market needs, and features required for competitive positioning. Identify what and when product modifications are required due to regulatory changes (if applicable).
- Schedule and conduct internal and/or external customer concept testing reviews/feedback.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Understand and balance numerous conditions and restrictions affecting project progress, such as customer requirements and expectations, scheduling and sequencing of activities, infrastructure availability and cost, as well as resource availability and allocation.
- Prioritize features, bugs and deliverables, write functional specifications when necessary, and support the technology team by serving as a resource and answering questions during the development phase.
- Maintain user documentation, educate sales, marketing, and service on new product deliverables, and support the development of marketing and educational materials.
- Maintain the strategic partnership between Business Group needs and Technology delivery.
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings with both Technology and Business Partners to facilitate the understanding, clarification, and implementation of requirements in an agile development environment.
- This person will not necessarily create technical specifications, but will have the technical knowledge to help guide the decisions of technical specifications working directly with the Technology Group.
College diploma or university degree and 3 or more years of equivalent work experience.
1-3 years prior project management or product management experience. Prior experience working with end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are required for internal communications. The applicant must be able to work effectively within a team in an environment characterized by multiple projects, deadlines, changing priorities, and frequent demands. The ability to prioritize, attention to detail, accuracy and follow-through are essential for success in this position. The successful applicant must be a self-starter and be able to successfully work with minimal supervision. High degree of personal responsibility, self-motivated, and independent worker. Experience working in agile development environment preferred.
Proficient in MS Word and Outlook e-mail. Skilled in Excel and PowerPoint preferred. Understanding of Microsoft-based development environment helpful.
National Research Corporation - 10 months ago