Job Title: Compliance Specialist
Department: Property Management Department
Reports to: Compliance Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Summary: Responsible for assisting the Compliance Manager with the day-to-day operations of managing PPL’s Tax Credit and other funding programs that require detailed income verifications and periodic reporting to other agencies. Tracks timeliness and accuracy of household certifications submitted by PPL site staff, assists Compliance Manager with training and/or support of site staff’s compliance activities, assists with pre-audit file reviews and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following duties are normal for this position. These duties are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive.
Assisting Compliance Manager with:
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring PPL’s compliance activities to ensure timely and accurate gathering of initial, interim and annual resident eligibility verifications.
- Developing and/or maintaining Excel ( MHFA ERP ) or other database(s), which identify and track compliance status of all programs for which PPL is responsible.
- Data entry in Excel and Yardi Spread sheets.
- Recording in master schedule all agency file inspections
- Conducting pre-inspection file audits at site offices.
- Working with property management site staff to correct file deficiencies prior to agency file inspection.
- Producing basic compliance reports, including the preparation of responses to agency file audit reports.
- Managing the flow of all annual compliance reporting so that it is timely and accurate.
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive regulatory program file for each property.
- Performing duties as manager-in-fact relating to matters of compliance – particularly for projects under lease-up and/or rehabilitation
- Assisting Compliance Manager with administration of rental assistance funding from MHFA and other agencies that provide Section 8-like rental subsidy under different program rules and regulations ( e.g. LTH /Heading Home/Shelter Plus Care, etc).
Supervisory Responsibilities: Not yet responsible for supervisory duties at this time.
- Answer and route telephone calls, emails and miscellaneous from employees, clients, and the public, and provide customer service.
- Provide information on assigned functions.
- Perform related administrative duties.
- Perform other duties as directed or assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Familiarity with low-income housing funding mechanism, including operating subsidy programs and compliance related issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Computer literacy, especially with Yardi, excel or other database software.
- Comfortable interacting with diverse populations.
- Able to work independently according to specific directions and timeliness.
- Willing to attend initial and periodic training events as directed by Compliance Manager as part of on-going compliance training necessary to remain current in quickly evolving field.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, bend, and communicate. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds.
- 1-2 years of experience in affordable housing tax credit administration or utilization.
- 1-2 years of experience in property management, real estate, accounting or other closely related fields.
- Or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties satisfactory.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions and ability to work under generally safe and comfortable conditions where exposure to environmental factors may cause discomfort and poses a limited risk of injury.
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Project for Pride in Living - 7 months ago