Provident Credit Union is member-owned, trusted, financially sound, technologically advanced, and provides "world class" value, convenience, products and services to all members. We are headquartered in Redwood Shores, CA and have 18 branches located throughout California, in the San Francisco Bay Area, Eureka, and Folsom.
Responsible for monitoring regulatory changes and performing various tasks to help ensure all policies, procedures, documents and publications comply with appropriate laws and regulations. Responsible for quality control reviews and periodic reviews of loan account activities. Have knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Anti-Money Laundering and Customer Identification Program. Be able to identify legal and regulatory risks and demonstrate the ability to take initiative and make sound business decisions. Work with internal and external customers maintaining a professional and confident demeanor. Maintain confidential information. Assist with staff training as needed.
- Monitor regulatory changes especially in the areas of mortgage and consumer loans.
- Identify compliance risk and recommend changes to policies and procedures.
- Serve as a resource for staff on regulatory matters.
- Perform real estate quality control reviews.
- Perform consumer loan quality control reviews.
- Assist in identifying high risk accounts and suspicious activities in AML software.
- File Currency Transactions Reports and Suspicious Activity Reports.
- Review OFAC reports.
- Prepare written audit reports that are accurate, objective, clear, concise, constructive and timely for the purpose of expressing an opinion on the adequacy of internal controls and making recommendations for improvements to existing systems and functions. Conduct exit interviews with appropriate management to discuss content of the reports.
- Review Marketing proofs and ads.
- Perform monthly and quarterly rate testing and statement reviews.
- Assist with ensuring the safety and confidentiality of member records.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Complete required BSA & OFAC training annually.
- Understand and adhere to BSA & OFAC policies and procedures, including reporting suspicious activity.
- Assist with other duties as directed by management.
About Provident Credit Union
- High School diploma or GED.
- CUNA Regulatory Compliance Certification, similar certification or coursework
- Required computer knowledge; Microsoft Windows, Excel, Outlook and Word. Preferred computer knowledge; Summit System, FDR, Microsoft Access, ABT, Appro, E3.
- One to three years experience in the financial industry in compliance related functions.
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations with an emphasis on Truth in Lending, RESPA, FCRA, Equal Credit Opportunity, HMDA.
Currently the 82nd largest credit union in the US (18th largest in California), Provident Credit Union was established in 1950 to serve the California Teachers Association. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Provident Credit Union now serves more than 93,000 members from over 1200 employer groups and maintains branches throughout California, and nationwide.
Provident Credit Union is committed to the safety of our members' deposits. With over 1.6 billion dollars in assets, Provident has earned a reputation for absolute safety and soundness. Additionally, we hold 13% of our assets in reserve, a figure greatly exceeding that of most banks. Plus, your savings are insured to $250,000 per membership (with an additional $250,000 per IRA) by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
Benefits of Working for Provident:
- Provident Credit Union offers fantastic compensation and benefits package which include:
- 100% of health insurance premiums paid for employee only.
- Quality medical, dental and vision care coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contributions
- Incentive Sharing
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Credit Union membership
- Rate discount home and auto loans
- On-site day care at our Redwood Shores corporate headquarters facility
- In-house training
- And much more!
Provident Credit Union - 21 months ago