Quicken Loans is the nation's largest online retail mortgage lender in America, closing loans in all 50 states and one of the largest residential mortgage lenders in the country. We've been recognized by FORTUNE Magazine as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" in America for eight consecutive years.
The Legal team is an integral part of the overall risk management function at Quicken Loans. Key areas of responsibility are ensuring the company is up-to-date with ongoing legal and regulatory changes affecting the residential mortgage industry, as well as applying existing laws and regulations to new and ongoing business initiatives. We are seeking an experienced individual with demonstrated success in residential mortgage origination compliance to help support our third party origination team in North Carolina.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws and agency guidelines affecting residential mortgage origination
- Conduct compliance audits
- Review and analyze monthly compliance reports
- Day-to-day compliance support
- Manage multiple projects in a fast paced working environment
- Exercising independent judgment and assisting leaders and team members through clear and concise communication
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of residential mortgage lending experience with a working of knowledge of the mortgage process including experience with federal and multi-state, residential mortgage lending laws and regulations. Experience with wholesale or correspondent lending is a plus.
- Mortgage underwriting and loan origination expertise is helpful but the successful candidate will have mortgage related legal or compliance expertise.
- Strong computer, analytical, organizational and writing skills.
- Confident, intelligent decision-maker with an extra-helping of common sense.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Self-starter who is results oriented and works well independently and on team projects.