The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Senior Vice President/Chief Compliance Officer in the effective discharge of his responsibilities by planning, leading, and executing independent store compliance reviews and monitoring activities. This position is responsible for making recommendations and developing training programs as well as teaching/training store and field associates on applicable company policies/procedures and regulatory requirements and assisting in the development and validation of remediation plans to improve and sustain overall store compliance. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and applicable laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Prioritize, schedule, and lead independent store compliance and control self-assessment audits and effectively evaluate stores’ level of compliance with regulatory and operating requirements; regularly monitor store performance metrics using the Store Portal and other automated tools; work with field management to develop overall store improvement plans and schedule store visits to monitor implementation of corrective measures and sustained compliance.
- Facilitate completion of corrective measures to immediately bring stores into compliance with regulatory and operating requirements, and assist store and field management to develop appropriate action plans to address chronic issues and follow-up to validate action plan completion; identify training needs and direct training efforts for store associates not meeting minimum compliance program requirements.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of store compliance programs to monitor and report store compliance with significant operational and regulatory requirements; coach and train store associates and other members of field management on new and existing regulatory and operating requirements; stay abreast of regulatory and operational changes and communicate changes to store and field management timely and accurately.
- Accurately record the results of store compliance reviews completed on the Portal, including specific observations and recommended improvement opportunities and communicate results to the appropriate levels of Store Operations, Internal Assurance, and other Corporate and Field Management timely and effectively.
- Assist in the execution and implementation of special compliance projects, risk management, and other company initiatives as needed, under the direction of Internal Assurance or other Corporate Management.
- Develop working relationships with select regulatory and state agencies and facilitate agency audits/inspections to help improve store compliance and mitigate regulatory sanctions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required, an Associate’s Degree (AA) is preferred, plus two (2) years’ experience working in Rite Aid retail operations, compliance monitoring, or loss prevention; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
RiteAid.com - 14 months ago
Rite Aid is clinging to its position as a distant third (behind Walgreen and CVS) in the US retail drugstore business. The struggling...