This position is located at our Spokane Main Office.
The Compliance Specialist works as part of the compliance team supporting the Bank in mitigating compliance risk and assisting in the development, implementation, training and administration of the compliance management program. Work is performed within the framework of regulatory examination guidelines using a high level of independent judgment and discretion as required to be successful in this role. This position acts as project manager partnering with departments affected by changing laws, regulations or procedures, to insure appropriate changes are implemented and assists in the education and training of others on the team or organization. Requires strong working knowledge of consumer protection regulations as well as CRA and HMDA. Requires the skills to research laws and regulations, to summarize critical components and to make recommendations to ensure policies and procedures are in compliance. Proven ability to work in collaborative atmosphere meeting established deadlines utilizing professional communication skills in a variety of settings. Database management skills are necessary to generate customized reports for analysis purposes, to edit data, resolve data discrepancies and assist in the regulatory submission of CRA and HMDA data. Prefer candidates with experience and ability to research transactions through the use of Exception Adviser, FIS Loan System, DecisionPro, LaserPro and PCI Whiz.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (more than two years) performing banking industry compliance duties. CRCM preferred.
- Working knowledge of consumer compliance laws including CRA, lending, deposit and general compliance regulations.
- Demonstrated research and business writing skills.
- Knowledge of systems and database experience to generate reports and submit data as needed to support the various banking business units.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to professionally collaborate and provide exceptional level of customer service to a wide array of constituents.
Washington Trust Bank - 18 months ago