Compliance Support Specialists are assigned specific foster homes(average caseload is 65 homes). They work together with foster families to keep their homes in compliance with minimum standards and other governing entities. Quarterly face-to-face visits in the homes, ongoing written documentation and maintainence of foster parent and child records are integral in assisting the families to maintain compliance.
BSW, BA, BS, MA, MS, M.ED., MSW or Master’s degree in related Human Services field. At least 1 year experience preferred.
1. Cultural Competence: Demonstrate an awareness, appreciation and respect for diverse cultures and individual differences of clients and fellow employees; show ability to identify culturally relevant issues and to implement services in a manner appropriate to them.
2. Professionalism/Self Improvement: Demonstrate a positive and mature approach to work and job performance; utilize constructive criticism for self improvement and conduct self in a manner that complies with Agency policy and professional ethics. Participate in activities resulting in personal and professional development.
3. Communication: Demonstrate ability to present ideas and information in a timely manner, concise, effective and interpersonally appropriate manner through both written and oral forms. This competency is further demonstrated by the ability to receive and effectively process information through appropriate skills.
4. Productivity/Planning: Demonstrate ability to plan and prioritize his/her own work to insure efficient use of time, get assignments completed on time; meets standards for quality and quantity of work.
5. Problem Solving/Decision Making: Demonstrate ability to identify issues and opportunities, collect appropriate information, effectively process information and make timely and effective decisions to improve outcomes.
6. Dependability: Maintain good attendance, and be conscientious about punctuality and time spent away from work area; employee attends individual, group and department meetings.
7. Initiative: Exhibit interest in work being done and show willingness to extend his/her self in completing assignments and accepting responsibility.
8. Client/Public Relations: Demonstrate ability to develop and cultivate mutually caring and beneficial relationships with both internal and external clients. Proper telephone courtesy and procedures, and exhibit a pleasant demeanor in face-to-face communications, assisting clients in a positive manner. Client relations’ behavior is demonstrated by continually striving to meet or exceed client expectations, enhancing the trust and respect for others.
DePelchin Children's Center - 24 months ago