The Regulatory Organization is seeking a highly motivated individual to support the Regulatory technical centers as a Compliance and Stewardship Specialist. The Candidate will support the technical centers with compliance to USDA-APHIS, EUP, Monsanto Stewardship and Trait Quality requirements.
The individual will assist with the management of an existing QMS that oversees shipping, handling and release of confined materials, as well as help drive the transfer of these processes into an ISO 9001:2008 system. In addition, this individual will design and implement new processes responding to ongoing needs of the organization, train and provide support to both internal and external stakeholders regarding compliance with applicable regulations and requirements, interact with a variety of individuals of different levels or from different functions within Monsanto to influence outcomes.
The successful candidate will be self motivated, process and detail oriented and willing to work in a team-based environment. This person will have strong communication skills with the ability to persuade others through oral, interpersonal and written communications. They will also be capable of working on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Assist with facilitating QMS activities for the Regulatory Sciences Compliance system. This includes assuring adherence to regulatory agency and stewardship requirements, as well as assuring adherence to internal established policies and processes.
· Work closely with the AEAS ISO Quality Management team to help drive implementation of ISO 9001:2008.
· Create and implement processes for integration of Trait Quality requirements into the Regulatory Sciences Compliance system.
· Facilitate cross center meeting/team to help drive increased awareness and compliance for USDA APHIS, EUP and Monsanto Stewardship requirements.
· Facilitate training initiative for cross center ‘compliance’ training.
· Identify, initiate and lead improvement projects, as appropriate.
· Serve as a key resource for Regulatory technical centers for compliance concerns and issue management.
· BS degree in Agronomy, Ag Business, Crop Science, Biology, or related field of study
· 3+ years relevant experience
· Expertise in MS Office, specifically MS Word and Excel
· Results orientation, excellent organizational, problem solving and record keeping skills
· Good interpersonal and verbal skills
· Strong communication skills
Desired Skills/Experience :
· MS Degree
· Experience with USDA-APHIS regulated field trials
· Experience with Quality Management Systems
· Ability to take complex ideas and document in clear and succinct detail
· Relationships and Networks
· Results Orientation
Monsanto - 11 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...