Before signing any documents and NDAs with other companies, ask about Nytecs NO NON-COMPETE culture.
Title: Component Engineer
Location: Redmond, WA
Duration: Long-Term Contract
Salary: DOE/DOQ + Top Benefits (www.nytec.com/careers/benefits)
- Lead and manage component-related activities during new product development.
- Work closely with electrical engineers, industrial designers, mechanical engineers, software engineers, design verification engineers, component engineers, and program managers.
- Establish component part numbers and respond to component development changes including ECR, ECO & Deviations needed to support current development cycles.
- Establish/maintain vendor part numbers (AVL) for components and assemblies working with Microsoft preferred vendors.
- Responsible for securing specifications, proper attachment to Microsoft part numbers, and specification maintenance including writing Source Control Documents for critical components.
- Clearly identify and refine as necessary incoming inspection requirements.
- Qualify new components and new vendors for usage in development or sustaining.
- Establish/maintain bills of materials (BOM) for electrical assemblies.
- Define classification requirements for electrical components in Teamcenter then update/maintain Teamcenter electrical component classification.
- Work with Compliance Engineering to determine electrical component compliance readiness for promoting items to production status.
- Assist with developing any guidelines, processes, or training necessary to ensure consistent methods of obtaining and entering project information into Teamcenter. This includes working with our contract manufacturers with any problematic incoming inspection documentation.
- Resolve sustaining component issues for critical parts to ensure continuity of supply.
- Support multi-sourcing and product re-qualification.
- Solve ambiguity issues with configuration information before processing changes.
- Domestic and international travel may be required
- At least 5+ years of industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in Component Engineering
- Knowledge of PC or Game Console components
- Electronic and mechanical component physics, test methods, and failure analysis
- Knowledge of statistics, standard hardware test practices, and consumer electronics manufacturing are strongly desired.
- Program Management strengths must include the ability to direct the work of component and sub-system suppliers to meet overall program objectives.
- Must be able to identify and put in place all resources required to execute a successful Component Engineering program
- Must be able to collaborate across engineering and business disciplines to meet very aggressive cost and schedule goals
- Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and effective written/oral communication
- Ability to work self-directed and closely within a team environment when required
- Excellent time management skills. Ability to prioritize/perform multiple tasks
- Attention to detail a must
- Must be self-motivated and results driven, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize/perform multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
Education: BS/MS degree in EE, Material Science or related degree with at least 5 years Component Engineering experience in consumer electronics or a related field
View our benefits at www.nytec.com/careers/benefits
Get $1000 for referring a candidate that is hired, $1000 for referring a job that is filled by Nytec. $2000 for referring the job and the candidate!
SUMMARY OF EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
Medical (Group Health or United)
Dental (Delta Dental) & Vision (Per plan selected)
Fitness & Outdoor Activities Reimbursement of $75/month (includes rock climbing, yoga and health club sessions)
Long Term Disability
Short Term Disability
Flexible Spending Account Plan
401K. Match Upto 3%, Instant Eligibility
Highest Pay Rates In Area
$1500 Education & Certifications in Yearly Reimbursement
Sign on bonus for qualified individuals
Ask about our relocation package
Note: Candidates must be authorized to work legally without requiring any visa sponsorship now or in the future, and must be a U.S Citizen or a Permanent Resident of the U.S (PR/LPR) or Employment Authorization Document adjusting to Permanent Residency Status (I-485 approval) or must be eligible to apply for a TN Visa under NAFTA (Canada and Mexico) upon entering the border into the U.S.
*F-1 Candidates with OPT/CPT: Please note we are an e-verified company, but are not able to sponsor H-1b's at this time. F-1 Candidates with OPT/CPT must have a minimum of one and a half year eligibility left to work before your EAD expires including extensions.*
**H-1 transfers can be looked into on a case by case basis**
Nytec Inc. - 16 months ago