Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle family of products including e-readers and tablets.
As a Component Engineer, you will assist the engineering and operations teams by specifying alternate sources of ICs and discrete components to ensure continued supply, reduce product cost, and improve product quality. The Component Engineer will assist in maintaining the AVL by creating Engineering change orders, assigning part numbers, and maintaining part descriptions.
- Review all requests for new components and assure that the parts can satisfy the existing design requirements.
- Establish and maintain specifications for custom and off-the-shelf components.
- Generate specifications for new custom parts.
- Read and understand electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, and component data sheets.
- Work within the parameters of PLM to coordinate component approval and EOL/Obsolete status.
- Assist with maintaining eCAD Libraries and Databases.
- Coordinate failure analysis and root cause/corrective actions with internal and vendor teams. Experience in dealing with external labs.
- Work with cross-functional teams to source and suggest alternate parts. Teams will include SW Development, Operations Management, Materials Management, and Hardware Design Engineering.
- Participate in product design reviews.
- Test plan execution and creation.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Industrial engineering or related field.
- 3+ year's experience in a similar role.
- Broad knowledge of electrical components.
- Ability to use digital oscilloscopes, multimeters, and related equipment.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Ability to multitask between multiple projects.
- Master's or advanced degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, or Industrial engineering.
- Experience with high volume manufacturing assembly and test lines.
- Familiarity with Product Lifecycle Management tools and processes.
Lab126, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.
Lab126 - 2 years ago