This is an entry level, non-certified component laboratory technician position for Eastern Laboratory Services (ELS). Works under the guidance of certified laboratory technicians and conducts component analyses in accordance with approved methods and procedures to ensure analytical data meets the highest standards for accuracy and precision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists certified analysts in the maintenance and operation of component laboratory instrumentation according to manufacturer’s recommendations and Laboratory SOP’s
- Conducts performance checks on all instrumentation and maintains all start-up, hourly, daily and monthly records as required by regulatory agencies
- Performs all sample sorting and scanning functions routing all samples to the appropriate location.
- In coordination with administrative staff maintain an adequate inventory of consumable supplies necessary to perform analysis assigned.
- Continuously maintains work areas in safe, clean and sanitary condition.
- Makes recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Complies with laboratory hazardous and non hazardous waste disposal plan.
- Provides necessary data for routine reports to customers and regulatory agencies as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent minimum. Associates degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related field preferred.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel to insure customer’s needs and requirements are met.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Dairy Farmers of America - 18 months ago