Required Education and Experience:
- Experience in supervising project and team activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration.
- Six to ten years of successful management experience which includes supervisory responsibility.
- Proven ability to implement and manage lean concepts
- Experience with fiscal activities such as staffing levels, budgets, and financial goals.
- Proven record of continual improvement in areas of expertise.
- Proven track record of driving results and continuous improvement in an organization
- Experience in developing high-performance teams
- Practical knowledge of leading edge lean/six sigma strategies
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to deal with and manage multiple projects
- Proven ability to lead and develop people
Personal Trait Profile:
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedures, and technology.
- Ability to read and interpret accounting and financial reports
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Job Purpose Statement
The Component Prep Value Stream Manager is responsible for managing the operational and fiscal activities of the department. He or she plans and develops systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the department. The manager supervises staff in accordance with company policies and procedures. He or she is responsible for hiring, training, and coaching employees.
The Manager is responsible for delivering all products/services on-time and at the targeted cost. The Manager leads the development and execution of departmental strategies and plans that achieve our revenue, operating profit, quality and lean manufacturing objectives.
The Manager must demonstrate knowledge and expertise in their departmental discipline including lean and six-sigma manufacturing principles, departmental strategy development and execution, and state-of-the-art departmental technology. The Manager is responsible for insuring that the company achieves its annual and long range targets for cost, quality and delivery. The Manager must have the ability to develop this expertise throughout their departments. The position requires excellent focus, high energy and enthusiasm, forward thinking, strong analytical capability, excellent problem solving, the ability to manage change, solid execution and a commitment to help the company meet financial objectives and exceed customer expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the operational and fiscal activities of the department to include: staffing levels, budgets, and financial goals.
- Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the department.
- Analyze and document business processes and problems. Develop solutions to enhance efficiencies.
- Coordinate and implement solutions from process analysis and general department projects.
- Direct staff in the development, analysis, and preparation of reports.
- Supervise staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Conduct interviews, hire new staff, and provide employee orientation.
- Coach and provide career development advice to staff.
- Establish employee goals and conduct employee performance reviews.
- Responsible for staff scheduling to include: work assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
- Assist staff to resolve complex or out of policy operation problems.
- Coordinate with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
- Schedule and conduct department meetings.
- Responsible to meet department productivity and quality goals.
- Communicate with Supervisors, Managers, and Vice Presidents on Department operations.
- Complete human resource paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Approve out of policy department expenditures.
- Approve and coordinate telecommuting arrangements.
M-F and other peak times as needed
Carlisle Transportation Products - 8 months ago