This position performs repair, overhaul, and modification of aircraft rotable components in accordance with applicable OEM technical data, customer data, and manufacturing specifications. Work is accomplished within FAA regulatory compliance, under AS9100 quality system and/or customer standards as appropriate. This position is primarily assigned to the Mechanical Accessory Shop, but is cross-trained and cross-utilized, based on workload needs, in various Component Repair and Overhaul specialty shops including but not limited to: Sheet Metal, Composite, Wheels, Brakes, Welding, Mechanical Accessory, Electrical, Avionics, Kit Fabrication, and Engines. Work is primarily performed off-wing, but occasionally is also performed on-wing in support of heavy maintenance, and line maintenance operations. Position performs Return-to-Service sign-off of Airborne Form R-211, and other customer authorized documentation.
NOTE: This position is available to current AMES employees at this time.
What you need:
- Must be able to pass the AMES’ Structural Assessment practical test
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Airframe License OR A& P License Required
- Working knowledge of maintenance software
- Associate Degree in technology or science
- Prior experience at a FAR PART 145 repair station or military experience
- Prior hands-on experience in a Component Repair & Overhaul, Heavy Maintenance or Line enironment.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to twist, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl & climb and sustain those positions for an extended period of time
- Ability to work at heights up to 60 feet
- Ability to work with arms raised above head and perform repetitive tasks and motions
- Ability to fit in tight places
- Ability to work in confined spaces with respiratory equipment
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
- Ability to precisely manipulate hand tools in a variety of situations
Airborne Maintenance & Engineering Services
- 2 years ago - save job
Built on a 30-year airline maintenance legacy, AMES offers the experience, equipment, and efficiency critical to delivering high-quality,...