Under general supervision, responsible for daily operation and maintenance of City Bio solids/Yard Waste Compost Facility. Work/Supervise individuals in special work programs.
· Operates all moderately heavy motorized equipment owned or leased by the City having a "B" classification and lower to manipulate material associated with that equipment.
· May operate tractor, compost turner, commercial front-loader, chipper, knuckleboom and truck scales.
· Perform daily inspections of compost materials and take temperatures in windrows.
· Performs manual and semi-skilled tasks as necessary.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have or be able to obtain within six months, a Compost Operator Certification through the Commonwealth of Kentucky. High school diploma or equivalent and three (3) years experience operating medium and heavy equipment; and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience which evidences an advanced knowledge of medium and heavy equipment operation, and a demonstrable skill in the operation of the equipment; demonstrable ability to perform physical labor, and follow written and oral instructions. Valid Class B Kentucky Commercial Driver's License.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of heavy equipment operation and compost treatment. Ability to carry out written and oral instructions; demonstrate ability to perform moderate to heavy manual labor. Must possess skill in operation of medium to heavy equipment. Must possess demonstrable skill in operation of medium sized trucks and equipment. Ability to effectively handle daily public contacts.
City of Paducah, KY - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard