Prepares bulk compounds, as needed, from all substances for which master formula cards or specific instructions from a pharmacist are available. Selects components; computes quantities; sets up, operates, and maintains common and specialized instruments and equipment; and performs mixing and blending of substances. Reviews orders for compatibility and additives, converts instructions to proper units and measures, and calculates the quantity of solution required based on concentration, dosage form, number of doses, and loss in processing. Prepares additives in strict compliance with company standard operating procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain & follow proper procedures for compounding products
Assist in maintaining proper inventory levels
- Non-sterile and sterile compounding and pre-packing of stock including preparation of equipment and labels, and worksheets, simple compounding procedures, packing and labeling of product, quality control procedures
- Perform calculation measures for compounding and complete compounding logs.
- Assemble equipment and supplies necessary to compound bulk items
- Calibrate and maintain specific equipment needed to compound medications
- Compound all dosage forms
- Maintain compound audit trail
Assist in improving the quality of our work
- Maintain compound product inventory
- Maintain Bulk compound stock
- Maintains knowledge of loss prevention techniques
Assist others where needed
- Seek ways to improve product stability and suitability
- Maintain clean work area
- Maintain appropriate certifications
- Assist in training new employees
- Assist other pharmacy technicians
- Support CRxP dispensing and operations fulfillment as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Strong organizational, prioritization, communications & mathematical skills required
- Knowledge of medication brand and generic names.
- Understanding of medical terminology and calculations.
- Ability to understand the importance of and respect the confidentiality of all patient information.
- Professional demeanor.
- Self starter
- Time management skills a must
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Computer/ Technical skill preferred
Other Skills and Abilities:
- National certification required
- Accurately operate weight scales, and accurately pour and measure liquids
- 23 months ago - save job