Date: Nov 25, 2013
Job Function: Research
Job Level: Experienced
Who We Are
At the Roche Group, about 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 30 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. The headquarters for Roche pharmaceutical operations in the United States, Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer and other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech, where we believe that our employees are our most important asset and are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Genentech seeks statisticians with training and interest in statistical genetics or genomics for positions collaborating with Genentech Research scientists. Teamwork and an ability to communicate effectively are essential. Candidates should be experienced in data analysis, with strong computational skills, and expect to pursue research programs involving statistical applications to genome-scale data, statistical genetics, or molecular biology.
Who You Are
- Consult with scientists to design experiments, carry out statistical analyses, and explain conclusions.
- Collaborate on long-term scientific projects (eg: GWAS , gene expression, proteomics). Develop new methodologies and software implementations as needed.
- Serve as a statistical advisor and point of contact to designated functions within Genentech Research.
Genentech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- PhD in statistics or biostatistics with a solid theoretical background. Candidates should have experience with generalized linear mixed models, experimental design, statistical graphics and programming, multivariate analysis, and commonly applied techniques in statistical genetics and genomics.
- Enthusiastic teacher of statistical ideas to non-statisticians. Collaborative researcher, making co-author level contributions to scientific publications.
- Basic understanding of molecular cell biology, immunology, and physiology, in addition to standard research assays and technologies (e.g., qRT- PCR , immunohistochemistry, ELISA , bioassays, flow cytometry, modern sequencing approaches, etc.) will be a strong plus.
- Ability to create applications and packages in R and to work in a UNIX environment. Additional experience (e.g., Python, C, experience in a cluster computing setting, common bioinformatics tools, etc.) a plus.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/dzs7w4d
Genentech, Inc. (Genentech) is a biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes pharmaceutical products to...