Micron's DRAM Solutions Group (DSG) is chartered to identify, define, and develop new and innovative memory products and market strategies which position Micron as a leader as well as generate new profitable growth opportunities. You will work with a senior, highly focused team with diverse expertise to develop system capabilities for processing near memory. Responsibilities will include working with memory design engineers, ASIC engineers, and systems and computer architects, software and firmware engineers.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Enhancing margins by displacing existing solutions through the application of new technologies with functionally more optimal price/performance feature sets, or
- Breakthrough products that target existing memory markets, through the application of new system level architectures and technologies delivering radically improved performance and feature sets, or
- New products that create new consumption, new markets, through the application of innovative memory architectures and technologies
- Devise and apply expert computational mathematics to a new and challenging compute environment, with detailed knowledge of integer math, floating point math, FFT, various CODEC applications, and exhibit exceptional algorithm development expertise.
- Working with Micron technologists, design engineers, and engineering teams to ensure successful implementation and feasibility demonstration of new product concepts while staying abreast of new advanced technology and architecture trends in the market.
- Generating new intellectual property and patents.
- Performing open- and closed-loop system performance analysis of new algorithms applied to advanced memory architectures in comparison with existing paradigms.
- Collaborating to create a timing approximate and cycle accurate models as well as analyzing the performance results and provide guidance for micro-architecture choices. This will include calibration, integration and documentation of the models into larger SoC level performance models.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- A minimum of 10 years industry experience.
- Proven track record in innovative product definition and development.
- Ability to be highly self-motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with other engineers, as well as customers and partners of various positions.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong knowledge through academic coursework or experience in error-correction and mitigation methods.
- Strong working knowledge of analysis and modeling tools, commercial and in-house.
- Familiarity with Content Addressable Parallel Processing or Associative Computing a plus.
MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required with PhD a plus.
Micron Technology is one of the largest memory chip makers in the world. It makes DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory), NAND Flash, and NOR...