DSC is rapidly growing and we have an opening for a
Computer Configuration and Testing Technician to join
our growing manufacturing team in our Chantilly, VA
location. The primary role of the Computer Technician is
to install and configure computer servers for shipment
to customers. Qualified candidates must be able to work
well in a small company atmosphere and have excellent
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Configure new servers and prepare for shipment to
customers. This includes Windows setup and the
installation and configuration of all required software
· Backup and restore system server images using standard
imaging tools (Ghost)
· Diagnose installation and support server related
· Contribute content to corporate portals, wiki’s, and
issue tracking systems.
· Assist in the alignment, calibration, and/or testing
of DSC products as needed.
· Perform Acceptance testing of final products as
needed. (Execute test cases, record results, identify
problems, and troubleshoot issues).
· Assist in the certification of next generation servers
and product platforms
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· H.S. degree minimum.
· 2+ years of related experience
· Experience installing, configuring and deploying
Windows 2008 Server (2-3 years would be ideal)
· Experience with server troubleshooting and performance
· Experience with imaging platforms such as Symantec
Ghost and Windows Deployment Server
· General Knowledge of networking protocols such as
TCP/IP and their configuration in a Microsoft computing
· Knowledge of computer hardware, specifically rack
based server configurations and components
· Ability to communicate effectively by e-mail, phone,
and in person.
· Ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
· AA in computer science or related degree
· Dell Certified Technician (PowerEdge Servers)
· Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows
· CompTIA Server + Certification
· Experience with Norton Ghost & Microsoft System
- Ability to frequently sit, reach within hands and
arms length, crouch, move about to access file
cabinets and use office equipment such as PC,
copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50
- Specific vision abilities required by this job
include use of computer monitor screens a great deal
- Individual’s primary workstation is located in the
- The noise level in this environment ranges from low
Digital Signal Corporation is an Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a friendly,
business environment with a competitive salary and
benefits package. All job offers are contingent upon
successful completion of background and reference